What did I do?

I darted my gaze around the familiar surrounding of my room

I darted my gaze around the familiar surrounding of my room. Everything was the same, just like last time. The things looked so real, anyone could get fooled. I chuckled darkly at my thoughts, slowly making my way towards the bathroom.

My steps were slow and steady with anticipation. I halted at the exact place beside the sink, holding my dagger close to my chest inside my satin night-robe. I was nervous. Anyone in my place would be. My fingers brushed softly against the hem of my baby blue robe as I took out my dagger, tightening my fist across the bottom. The dagger had a snake design spiraling around the last part with a ruby embedded in the center and some texts carved alongside it. It had a very sharp and pointed front part. Ancient yet deathly. I looked at it, having second thoughts. Shaking my head roughly, I twisted it between my thumb and the other fingers. "I have to do it, there's no other way," I said to myself as I gripped the dagger, pointing it towards my heart. My knuckles were turning white because of the tight hold. Closing my eyes shut, I took a deep breath as I murmured the familiar word with a deep sigh, "Veilar".

As soon as the word left my mouth, I stabbed myself right into my heart, blood drenching the material of my shirt, a sudden redness making its way, pooling across the floor. I waited for the impact, to faint, to feel pain, to feel myself dying, but nothing came. Slowly, I opened my eyes as my heart thumped hard in my chest, making its existence known to me. It was clear that I was alive. I looked around myself to see my dark blood surrounding me. My hands were dark red and looked as if I recently murdered someone. Oh! Correct. I murdered myself and now I'm a ghost. Very funny.

I shook my head and took a deep breath, calming my heart as my steps moved forward. Like previous times, I pressed my blood on a particular spot on the wall. The door was supposed to be here. Like I said, the door appeared as soon as I pressed my palm against it. I opened my mouth partly, as my eyes turned its original yellowish-red color.

"Ernaline Achlys Morrigan" I spoke softly as the door opened, revealing a dark tunnel. Turning back, I looked at my bathroom for the last time, shoving my dagger inside the robe. My breath hitched as I turned around and strode down the familiar lane.

My eyes snapped open as I started panting, finding it hard to control my uneven breathing. I looked around to see that I was still in my room, lying comfortably in my bed with my legs entangled around my blanket. Swallowing the lump that had formed in my throat, I gulped down the glass of water that I had kept on the table the previous night. Same nightmare. The nightmare which hasn't let me sleep properly since I was 12. I got from the bed, lazily moving towards the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for college.

I let the warm water lurch down my skin, as I take a pile of my cocoa butter body wash, rubbing it against my body to create foam. Furthermore, I quickly shampoo and condition my hair before getting out and wrapping myself in my fluffy towel. Putting on a romper that reaches halfway to my thighs, I do mild makeup with my hair loosely tied into a messy updo.