Five *

"Can I just grab you a second?" Niall takes my elbow in his hand and I spin around to face him. Everyone is about to leave, we're all stood in the hallway before the elevator just saying our goodbyes. I nod my head and let him lead me away and around the corner into the kitchen. I have my arms wrapped around my middle as I now stand before him, unsure of what he wants to say.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure that you are okay." Niall looks at me, and I can't help but sigh, he's so genuine in the way those words come out. I can tell he isn't just asking for a yeah I'm fine answer, he's asking because he actually cares and I can see that.

"I will be okay." I say nodding my head. "Everything that happened, everything I went through, god it was awful Niall, one day I'll tell you about it, or Harry will, but right now I just want to revel in the fact that I'm still alive and breathing. That I still have you and Harry, my mum and Aud."

Niall watches me, listening to all my words and I know he's trying to see if what I say holds substance and he seems pleased with my answer as he nods his head and then pulls me into a hug.

"I wanted to let you know that, this happening, getting you back, it made a lot of things clearer to me." He lets go of me, I take a step back and his hands stay on my arms, stroking them up and down as I look up at him. "Me and Aud called things off."

"What?" I frown. "Why? I thought you two were happy." I mean I know Aud said about ending things, but I didn't want to give that away. That I knew she had doubts and didn't want to be with him.

"We were having fun. Seems neither of us had our hearts in it." he shrugs. "Also seeing you and Harry, knowing that kind of love, I knew I didn't have that with Audrey. If I'm honest with you Sugar, I don't think I ever will."

"Don't say that Ni."

"I don't mind. I mean I would love it, but I also don't need it to survive you know." He shrugs his shoulders then takes a step away dropping his hands from my arms. The cold covers me and I wrap my arms back around myself.

"Well, you're an amazing guy so I totally think you will find someone, one day. I'm happy for you both if that's what you want." I nod.

"Thank you Sugar, I just wanted to tell you because I know she's your best friend and I don't want anything to come between us-"

"Hey." I reach up and cup his cheek. Making his wandering eyes that had lost contact with mine look my way. "You're my best friend too now, Ni. Nothing could make me not feel that way for you okay? The damage is done now-" I laugh removing my hand. "-You're stuck with me forever." Niall scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Well, I'm fucked then huh?"

"Yep." I pop the P and then we stand there for a second just staring at one another. Niall is the last person I ever thought I'd grow close to, become best friends with, bond with the way we have. But I'm thankful I have. I didn't just fall in love with Harry, but I fell in love with Niall and gained myself a best friend for life.

I'm a lucky girl.

"You ready Niall?" Louis pops his head around the corner, breaking us both from our stare and both of us jumped slightly with a laugh.

"Yeah coming." We both followed Liam around to the elevator where the doors were open and they were waiting inside for Niall. Harry stood at the doors with his arms crossed and a slight frown on his brows as he watched Niall and I round the corner. I walk straight up to him and wrap my arms around his middle from the side. Without missing a beat he opened his arm up for me and wrapped it around me. I laid my head on his chest as he stroked my arm.