// Chapter 1: The Wind-Held Knight \\

"Director Hu, I do not suggest toying with your ghost familiar so much, pulling on it and such."
Zhongli sighed as he watched over the young woman, he felt more like a babysitter than an advisor. Poor fella.

"Awh, c'mon Zhongli. We've only gotten halfway there! Plus we haven't met the guy who will escort us there, right?"
Hu Tao tugged on the poor ghost, who had seemed very much fed up with it's master.

|| ...Ah, as of the recent hilichurl and Abyss Mage activity in our premises, I will send our best knight to escort you safely to the capital, you will meet the said knight on your way here.||

"At the very least, that is the contents of the reply we had received 13 hours ago.."
Zhongli took a deep breath as he recalled yet another reply from the Acting Grand Master of The Knights of Favonius.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Uh- Zhongli?"
Hu Tao waved her hand in front of her advisor's face, seemingly snapping him out of a trance of some kind.

"Ah, yes Director? I'm sorry, I must've spaced out there."
Zhongli shook his head before looking at her.

"There's an uh, a whole group of Pyro-based hilichurls and 2 Abyss Mages up ahead, and I don't think I'm suitable for 'dishing out elemental damage' role."
Hu Tao pointed up ahead, night had fallen upon them, the crackles and light of the fire were as clear as day.

"I thought you would immediately attack them, Director Hu. I'm impressed."
Zhongli smiled, earning yet another one of Hu Tao's many pouts.

"You can just get rid of them now, right? We need to get going, don't you think that knight is waiting for us?"
The Parlor Director crossed her arms as Zhongli sets his backpack full of supplies down.

"Very well, very well, Director. Please excuse me."
His signature polearm appeared in his right hand as he progressed closer and closer to the group of enemies.

He dashed forward towards the enemies, but something in the corner of his eye made him halt, the wind around him had suddenly picked up and changed direction. Something, or someone, was controlling it.

A dark silhouette of a slim figure suddenly plunged down from the sky, the said figure had ( hair length ) hair and wielded a polearm, a spear with gold accents and an amber in the middle, to be exact. Zhongli couldn't make out who they were, the moon was new, it's light faint.

"I thought I've cleared off this area, yet you elemental low lives with the slightest hint of intelligence keep coming around and disturbing the cargo loads."
The voice was a female. Zhongli only stood there, a bystander, a watcher, as this scene unfolded before him.

"I suppose I can be bothered to bring demise once more upon your worthless existences."
The wind picked up again, but stronger. And it rapidly grew stronger, the amber-eyed male had to hold on to a tree to keep his balance.

A swirl, no, a small hurricane had appeared before the mortal form of the Lord of Geo. It swooped up the helpless group of hilichurls and a plunging attack came from above, causing the said small hurricane to scatter back into the wind and generated a force, to which the hilichurls were shot in all different directions. Their masks shattered, cracks of Lord Barbatos knows what ringed through the used-to-be quiet hilichurl camp.

The, supposedly a female, figure turned to the Pyro Abyss Mages. They both summoned six small dragon heads, three of each, and fired them at the figure. Within Zhongli's single blink, she was gone. He turned left and right, up and down to spot the figure, but to no avail. A gush of wind and the faint shine of the gold accents of the polearm was on his left.