// Chapter 3: Abyssal Surprise \\

"It's getting more tiresome by the day, Zhongli! How do you keep up with all of what's been going on?!"
The exhausted Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor cried out.

"Director Hu, I've been serving as the Funeral Parlor's consultant for quite some time now. In fact, I should be the one asking you about your poor management of time."
Zhongli stated.

"uGH, do you even sleep?! You're making me worried too, you know!"
Hu Tao crossed her arms.

"In fact I do, Director. Sleep is essential, and for young folk such as you, it is more vital."
The consultant said in the utmost confident way.

"Gee, how old are you, even?"
She tilted her head to the side, a hand supporting it.

"That is something not worth mentioning, now go and take a break. It is rare that we have this much spare time. I will take a stroll around the city, for the moment."
Zhongli said as he placed down a tray with a steam-emitting tea pot and a matching cup on the table in front of Hu Tao.

"Awh, fine! Go on then, enjoy the walk!"
The young female proceeded to pour the tea into the cup as she watched the man she most trusted walk out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The afternoon sun was rather warm, the sky was now a magenta to orange color. The knights were in constant chatter, some were helping carry items, some helping find lost things, and others were merely standing guard. Zhongli watched the busy city as it recovered from Stormterror's raging storms and winds, as he proceeded to the Tavern. 

"Oh? Look who it is, the Funeral Parlor's consultant."
A certain toned, navy blue-haired Cavalry Captain greeted him upon his entering.

"Hi, Mr. Zhongli! You've been coming here kinda often, is everything alright?"
The brown-haired Outrider beside said Cavalry Captain asked in a tone of worry.

"Everything is alright, Ms. Amber. I merely needed something to do in my spare time."
Zhongli said as he took a seat.

"And, I must say, the Dandelion Wine here is complimentary. It's nostalgic, I might add."
Charles, whom had gotten used to Zhongli's visits, poured him a glass of the said wine and placed it in front of him.

"Thank you, kind sir."
He thanked the bartender before taking a small sip.

"Nostalgic? You mean you've had it before you came here?"
Amber asked.

"Well yes, a friend of mine who used to come visit me in Liyue often brought a bottle with him, you see."
Well, we all know who he's mentioning.

"Ah, quite the connoisseur, he must be."
Kaeya too, took a sip of his drink. Though, his was the usual 'Death after Noon'.

"I wouldn't say that exactly, from what I know he's fond of the Dandelion Wine in particular. Though I haven't met him in a while, so I wouldn't assume that he is not one either."
Zhongli placed a hand on the bar's counter.

"Hey, Kaeya! Don't tell me ( Y/N ) won't be here too! Lisa couldn't join us because she was worried for Jean, and Jean's working late again!"
Amber crossed her arms, a pout clear as day on her face.

"Are you sure we shouldn't be slacking like this? Don't you think Jean's gonna be mad?"
Kaeya's response was a light chuckle before a sigh.

"The Acting Grandmaster said so herself, we don't have any work to be done. Though I too, am concerned for her, there isn't much we can do, don't you think?"
The Cavalry Captain placed down his drink.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, sorry I'm late! I was running my investigation, Vennie arrived rather late than I had expected."
( Y/N ) said, as she entered the Tavern.