TWENTY-THREE | LATE NIGHT

chapter twenty-three, late night.

I'M CURRENTLY IGNORING OLIVE, AND I KNOW ITS NOT RIGHT

I'M CURRENTLY IGNORING OLIVE, AND I KNOW ITS NOT RIGHT. I just have to wait for whatever explanation Scott says he used against his dad, and then I'll tell that to her. She's my best friend and I shouldn't be lying, but I don't want her mixed up in all of this.

And honestly, I don't think she'd believe me. She'd probably laugh in my face at the idea that there was something going on in Beacon Hills that she didn't know about.

Plus, it seems that the second I got involved, I also got put into way more danger. So — I plan to not do that to Olive.

It would be really nice to have my best friend by my side as I try to decipher this "tattoo on my heart," but I need to put her safety first. Who knows what kind of things could be coming to Beacon Hills?

The guilt of ignoring her is eating me up inside though, and I already can't sleep. I've been home for hours now, the sunlight is almost peeking through. Two more hours and I'd be getting ready for school.

But, I still haven't even slept a blink.

My mind is racing over everything with my dad. Stiles drove me home while my dad had to go to the station first. I offered to come with, but he just shook his head at me and now, even as he's in the same house as me, we haven't spoken.

Am I supposed to start the conversation? I want to, I want to know about everything that he knows. Why he's so scared of what I've become and why he didn't want me to become it so bad.

If he lived in Beacon Hills before, he had to know this would happen, right? Or is that why he tried to steer me away from the Three Stooges with the threat of more police reports?

I can't take it anymore.

I throw my feet over the side of my bed and stare at my face in the mirror. I need to go to Scott's, I need to get this off my chest to someone who will and can listen.

I'm quick to brush out my dark hair, throwing it into a low bun behind my head before pulling an open flannel over my brown tank top. I grab a pair of black shorts to top it all off and accessorize, seeing as I'm probably going to head to school right after.

I tuck my feet into my brown converse, the same pair I always wear, and I'm off. Grabbing my set of keys and not even bothering with a goodbye.

He's obviously not going to punish me if he can't even look at me. So, I'm off the hook.

Scott sent me his address a while back, just incase I ever needed it while I was having questions about the supernatural and such. He really is such a nice guy.

Everyday I get more and more thankful that I gave up on the idea of normal life. That Isaac and Allison told me about the siren's and helped me realize I couldn't not be apart of this.