6

Sam raked on the gas pedal and roared off down the road towards the cave leaving only dust in the tracks.

"Go faster, Man!" Alan was in the front seat while Edgar was in the back.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" Sam kept his eyes on the road.

"I don't care she's getting staked when I see her, she brought does bloodsuckers back" Edgar sneered.

Alan turns around half jumping over his seat grabbing Edgar.

"You even take that stakeout in front of her and it will be in you next" he snapped.

"What's your problem man? What happened to the Alan who used to stake those suckers on the spot now you've gone soft for one?!" He insulted.

"You little shit!" Alan swore.

Sam slammed on the brakes lunging them forward with the pedals screeching.

It was Saint's uncle right in the middle of the road, he was wearing an unbuttoned Hawaiian looking shirt with dirty black pants and shoes and his ray bands. He looked angry. He ran up to the roofless convertible to Sam.

"Where the fuck is she?!" he roared.

No one spoke, they were all speechless for the first time.

"Let's ask again...where...is...Saint?...I know she snuck out to you last night." he paused.

"She only did it because you went batshit on her!" Sam yelled up.

"Listen, Mr Phoenix, I don't know what she told you, yes we fought, I was drunk, but I would never lay a finger on that girl! she needed someone and I took her in, I may be a drunk but I care and love for that girl! The only reason why I'm looking for her is there are now 4 girls missing!" he pointed.

"She didn't say you hit her, she just said she needed to get out for a while, but I promise, nothing happened" Sam reassured.

"She went for a walk, we decided to take the car for a ride and when we see her we were gonna pick her up Matt" Sam lied through his teeth.

"When did the comic boys show up?" Saint's uncle Matthew glared at them.

Alan answered him.

"We wanted to go see if they wanted to go surf waving...that's where we are heading when we pick her up." Alan implied.

"Okay, but is she safe and okay?" Matt calmed down.

"Yes, yes she is" Sam looked back at the boys, Edgar looking away avoiding eye contact.

"Okay, but when you see her, tell her, when she's ready, to come back to the shop and talk it out"

"We will sir.."

Sam started the car again driving slightly fast without being suspicious. Alan looked at the wing mirror watching Matts reflection walking in the other direction. Then Sam floored it.

They were seconds away from reaching the cliffside. Sam did a sharp turn around the bend, as he did Saint came bolting out from the corner just outside the cave.

"Jesus!!!" the boys screamed in unison as Saint screamed herself. Sam slammed on the breaks just inches from Saint as she slammed her hands onto the bonnet.

"Saint are you okay?!" Alan jumped out of the car over to her hugging her.

"Getaway!" she backed away as he reached out for her.

"We aren't gonna hurt you!" Sam reassured Saint.

"Yeah but bandana boy over there is ready with his stake" she glared over at Edgar now standing with Sam.