Ch 2

The door shut slowly as I caught my last glimpse of the man I have been with for the last 3 years. My eyes felt heavier as salty-liquid pain formed into my lids. I had the unnerving question of my existence in this unknown place. My expectations were predictable with the masked man. This place could expect much more than I have ever done or what I will ever be ready for. Stopping myself from falling into the depths of my despair, I balled my hand into a tight fist. Anger, fear, and sadness dwindled all inside my body.

Like magic, a touch broke the swarming of my emotions, The maid gave me a reassuring smile. "Oh, dear. Wipe those tears girl. He wouldn't want to see a single tear. Especially on a girl as pretty as yourself." Her voice was as soothing as a grandma who fattens up their grandkids with sweets and kisses. Her warm demeanor was so convincing that it almost made me forget that she was about to hand me over to a grown man. Her words felt like cookies with cyanide encrusted into every corner. She was slick enough to not see the death trap she set. I knew I couldn't trust her but I could not let her know that. I have to seem vulnerable enough to make her trust me. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to make it out alive.

I stopped crying and apologized to her. She felt pleased by this motion and decided to show me to the kitchen. The kitchen was bigger than I expected. It looked equivalent to the size of two master-sized bedrooms. I sat down at the counter as I was told. She started to prepare some snacks. The aroma from it was much stronger than any of the food I was given at my other location. The food there reeked of rotten eggs and wet dogs. This food smelled fresh and sweet. She placed a plate of fruit and little sandwiches in front of me. "Eat up, dear. You need to fatten up. Carbs build up the hips, you know."

There she goes again with the dear. It irked me more than anything. Nevertheless, she was right. The masked man starved me to death practically. He fed me when he felt like it and on some days, he didn't. I never went more than a week without food but I didn't get much when he did feed me. He told me I was too fat. fat girls did not need to eat as much. I went from being overweight to looking malnourished.

I was grateful for the food. I gulped it down like no tomorrow. Actually, I really could not see you tomorrow. Everything was a guessing game here. I would only enjoy this food for now.

"I would tell you to slow down but you are sticks and bones. If I looked past these clothes I would probably see your ribs. They must have been starving you. Such a shame to do such horror to a growing girl. I would have died. I love food. Don't you worry. I will fix all the food you want here. The master likes his girls a little hippy. As you can see on me."

She was definitely more than just a little hippy as she described. I just smiled at her. She went to grab one of my sandwiches. "I sure am hungry too." My instincts were to bite her hand off but I was too hungry to do anything drastic. I finished the food faster than she fixed it. "You still hungry, girl?" I nodded my head with much force. After I was done with the second plate she told me to go up the stairs to go see Marcus. Marcus was going to help me figure out which room I wanted. At least this time it was upstairs instead of the basement.