17

rain pounded against the window, the noises digging through my brain. i stared at the array of polaroids that sat scattered along my bed, or what was once our bed. my eyes glanced to the alarm clock on my night stand.

11:56 pm

soon, i whispered to no one. soon.

11:57 pm

anxiety welled it's way up my throat, and came out of my mouth in a choking breath.

11:58 pm

i stared at the clock, unblinking as the numbers changed

11:59 pm

i said aloud my birthday wish.

12:00 am

(NOVEMBER 2)

the aroma of pancakes, home-cooked lovingly by my mom. the sound of my footsteps creeping down the stairs. the hopeless wish of her asleep on the couch. the sad smile sat on both of my parents' faces.

it hadn't come true. why would it? i was an adult now. it was childish to wish for her. it was stupid.

the stack of is warm pancakes was carefully decorated with fruits and whipped cream lettering."happy birthday" it said.

this wasn't happy.

there was nothing happy about this.

a soft memory of just a year ago faded into my head. the sweet chorus of coraline's laugh falsely filling my ears. for a moment, just a moment, i believed she was here. the now solemn ending to our love story sent pain echoing through my bones.

is this what giving up feels like?

HELLO READERS. IM HERE. IM BACK FROM MY UNANNOUNCED HIATUS. IN THIS VERY SHORT CHAPTER (sorry for it being this short grr) I ONLY BRING PAIN AND SUFFERING AS ALWAYS.

today is november 2, 2020. a week or so ago i told myself "i really need to write this chapter, but i dont know when ranboo's birthday is." then suddenly the fucker dropped this on us.

fucking scorpios

ANYWAYS

ITS ABOUT TO KICK OFF I PROMISE. WE ARE ALMOST AT THE CLIMAX OF THE STORY.

"but kal mellohiify! isnt coraline running away climax enough?"

NAY! TWAS NOT!

that was just the beginning