two.

CHAPTER TWO.

❝ LOOK FOR THE GIRLWITH THE SUN IN HER EYES,AND SHE'S GONE ❞

LOOK FOR THE GIRL
WITH THE SUN IN HER EYES,
AND SHE'S GONE

"mom!" mike yelled out as his voice cracked mid word, "MOM!" he hollered yet again.

"WHAT MICHAEL?" karen finally screeched out.

"WHEN ARE WE LEAVING? DID YOU CALL EL YET?" mike shouted back at his mom. every time they tried talking to each other behind closed doors, it would end up sounding like some sort of wrestling match.

"UHH... YES I CALLED EL! AND WERE LEAVING RIGHT NOW MICHAEL! HURRY UP!"

"OK, OK... IM COMING HOLD ON!" he yelped as he straightened his black hoodie, and closed the door behind him.

--

once they were settled in, mike was up in hospital room 353, laying down in the hospital bed, while wearing the gown one of the nurses had given him.

doctors came in and out, while running tests left and right, and that's when the ball of apprehensiveness formed in mike's stomach. his leg bouncing up and down in anticipation, waiting for the test results to come back, and more importantly, waiting for el to walk through the door.

it's been almost an hour. 'what's taking her so long?' he thought to himself.

the doctors and nurses left the room approximately two minutes ago, while karen left to the restroom just a few seconds ago.

mike was completely alone now.

he was waiting impatiently for el to come and caress his hand gently, the way she always does. the way she always makes him feel so carefree, like nothing else mattered; except for the two of them. only them. the way that she had always inked it into his mind that everything would be alright, sort of... startled him, because of how easily she would be able to soothe him, unlike anyone else would. she was the reason of his life, and she took all the death out of him.

and finally... there she was. el came rushing in through the door. before she could turn to look at mike, she quickly shut the door closed after her.

and right then, when she turned to look at him. his heart stopped at her ongoing stare. if such a gaze could kill, mike would no longer be living. they were looking at each other with such passion, that their bodies could break at any second. but they didn't.

instead, there el went. she sprinted right to the side of mikes hospital bed, in which he was laying in. as if they both had shared the same mind, they reassuringly held onto one another's hands so tightly.

mike felt a tear drop from his eye when he heard her next words, "i told you i'd be here mike. i know what they tell you. they're lying. i'm here now aren't i? and i promise that i always will be. no matter what. and with every breath i take... i take it for you, mike. when you wake up in the morning, i'll be by your side, and when you go to sleep at night, i'll be there too. i promise." el pleaded in a slowed and hushed tone, with so much passion, that you'd be labeled mental to think she was lying.

promise. a promise was something you could never, ever break. and at that moment he knew. he knew that with all his heart, he promises to never leave el. he promises to cherish every moment he has with her. till death do them part. he promises to never let her go. he belongs to her, and she belongs to him. their story would be forever, and that was a promise; unless something went oh, so wrong. but of course, it wouldn't. because they are michael and eleanor. meant for each other. meant to hold each other. meant to love each other. meant to promise to each other.

and still, she cradled him in her arms tightly. both of them sobbing.

she took her face out of the crook of his neck and looked into his eyes. his dark golden eyes that she fell in love with almost instantly, had now become a deep shade of red. he still looked beautiful when he cried. she stared at him with pure innocence, warmth, and intimacy, and he kissed her head softly.

but right then, the door clicked open and his mother's voice became heard, "mike? who are you talking to?"

...

A/N: sorry for the short chapters. i really don't like this but i fixed it up as best as i could. i think this books gonna end much sooner than i thought, and in a few more chapters, so get ready!! thanks for reading :))