five.

CHAPTER FIVE.

❝ YOU'RE JUST LIKE AN ANGEL,YOUR SKIN MAKES ME CRY ❞

YOU'RE JUST LIKE AN ANGEL,
YOUR SKIN MAKES ME CRY

IT chapter one was playing on mike's tv in his bedroom, while el's face was displayed on his laptop that was sitting against his knees. they were on facetime; both of them with their backs against their headboards.

"what's this stuff meant to do again?" mike asked curiously while he questionably poked his face with his finger.

"it's a face mask idiot. stop being so tense, don't move, and don't touch your face. let it do what it needs to do." she answered back with a slight grin, trying to make him push his hand away from his face.

"okay... bossy much?" he answered, dragging out the 'y' in 'okay'.

he then let out a horrified shriek and fell off the side of the bed when the clown on the tv opened its mouth wide, showing the huge sharp teeth that were planted inside of his large mouth.

"MIKE, WHAT FUCK? I SAID STAY STILL!" she roared at him through the screen when she saw his white shirt stained with dark grey liquid running down the front, because of the face mask dripping down from his fall.

"holy shit, el! did you see his teeth? look at those goddamn teeth! it looked like a shark about to put someone to their deathbed!" he said as he turned the tv off in fear.

"no actually, i didn't see his teeth. i was too busy trying to help make your face nice and smooth. jesus christ mike!" el quickly responded while trying to hold back a giggle at the sight of mike in terror of the horror movie.

"mike! dinner!" el heard the voice of karen wheeler from his end of the call.

"shit- el, i gotta go." he said in a hurry, wiping the not yet dried face mask off his chilled face with a small towel. he knew if he didn't get to the kitchen in about thirty seconds, his mom would start shouting his name yet again, nonstop.

"wait mike, the face mask needs to dry for a few more min-"

"i love you. i'll call back soon." he quickly said, rushed.

"oh, alright then. i love you more. try not to choke on your food, please." she silently groaned at him having to hang up, but still decided to tease him.

the memory of mike choking on his broccoli just the other day still lingered in her mind, and he knew he wouldn't be able to make her live it down.

"yeah yeah, whatever." he gave her a big smirk before ending the call.

"i'm coming mom!"

he trotted out of his room and straight to the kitchen to find his mom putting a few slices of homemade pizza onto two plates with a side of vegetables.

"cmon, sit." she said, while grabbing the two plates and laying them down on the table, along with two glass cups filled with water.

they both took their seats, having a bit of small talk.

mike had a strong hate towards these annual small talks during dinner time and found it quite awkward, so he ate his food as fast as possible. choking on his food was something both el and karen were rather used to, the other half of it being because he's always been a fairly fast eater.

"anyways," karen had let out with a sigh, just as he was about to finish his food.

"i was thinking maybe we could go out tomorrow morning? nowhere special of course. maybe to the coffee shop around the corner? you know... just for a change of scenery." she added slowly while tapping her painted nails on the table, impatiently waiting for an answer.

"um- well, can i bring el?" he asked, gulping nervously at the thought of going outside his house and into the open, especially without his comfort person.

"oh, yes of course." she replied, nodding rapidly with a trace of a smile on her face.

"alright then. i guess i'll let her know. i can't imagine the shock on her face when i tell her i'm leaving the house." he muttered, with his eyebrows raised and an amused look on his face before taking a sip of water out of his cup.

karen had found herself shocked to this news. she was automatically expecting to hear a 'no' from her incredibly unsociable son, and tried her best to hide the stunned look on her face.

the mother and son cleared off the table. both of them walking towards their own rooms after finishing up the cleaning in the kitchen.

mike quickly plopped himself down on the bed, exhaling, while face-timing el once again; this time with exciting news.

...

A/N: yes, i know.. very short chaptersss!! also, sorry for not updating, i've been quite busy, but the next chapter are going to be out very soon! i'm sorry to disappoint, not much going on in this chapter, but trust me when i say that there will be loads of action in the next few chapters👀 get ready!! thanks for reading! love u all, byee!!