new rat

it was all over the school. teens gossiping about the new phycho orphan killer who's attending our school.

i was in the cafeteria looking for one of my friends when i spotted a green haired boy standing on one of the tables, throwing his arms up, smiling like a doofus. he waves me over and calls my name from across the cafeteria.

"showing the newbie around are you Bennett?"
"Marcus, this is Blake. she cut off her step father's dick."
"Jesus" Marcus whispers with his eyebrows raised and his eyes wide.
"okay so over there are the soto vatos. they're a big fucking drug cartel, the leader is Chico and his girl Maria" Billy says pointing to Chico and his little posse.
"those guys are the dixie mob. a bunch of cousin humping, white supremacy assholes-"
"nazis" i interrupt, Billy nods his head and points to the blonde with the most blue eyeshadow.
"-leader is Brandy Lyn. those are the preps, leader is Viktor. Blake over here is technically one of them, but she hangs with us." Billy says while putting his arm around me.
"yeah, Viktor's parents want us to marry after graduation." 
"final world order is over there, leader is Willie. behind you is Leonard, he's the leader of the hessians. they've got weed."
"what about her?" Marcus asks eyeing Saya.
"ooh the untouchable Saya, she's the leader of the yakuza kids," Billy stops to make eye contact with Marcus.
"you and me? we're rats."
i bite back a laugh because Marcus gives him an offended face.
"you got the rat bones didn't you?" he points to the wooden box.
"rat means non legacy" i tell Marcus while stealing a hand full of his fries.

Billy whispers in my ear asking if we should bring him up to the roof where our other friends are and i turn to Marcus with a wide smile. "come on newbie, we're taking you to our secret hideout."

once we get up the two flights of stairs and finally get onto the roof, i run straight into Lex's arms which were already open for me from when he heard the door open.

Lex picks me up a little bit off the ground and twirls me. "ugh get a room." our friend Petra says rolling her eyes and takes a long drag from the cigarette her and Lex were sharing.

me and Lex have a bit of a complicated relationship. we flirt a lot and can be quite touchy, but it's nothing more than an affectionate friendship.

"Petra, Lex meet Marcus, the new rat" Billy says climbing up one of the stone walls.
Lex looks down at me and gives me a weird face, which i assume is because of the new kid.
he passes me his cigarette and i zone out for a bit.
when i zone back in Lex is yelling at Marcus calling him an asshole.

"patchouli? absolutely." Marcus says making a face.
"don't listen to Lex," Petra tells him. "just stick with us and the most awesome years of your life will fly by."
"you can even do some good"
Billy starts talking about Master Lin's motto 'change the world with a bullet' mumbo jumbo bullshit.
"well i plan on changing a proper big bit of it. head state, BLAM! bankers, BLAM!-" i try to hold back a laugh when Lex makes finger guns and pretends to shoot Marcus when saying BLAM.
"don't forget bono" Billy says interrupting Lex's rant.

Lex turns to me with a shocked face and whispers "oh no how could i forget about bono."

"what about you, new rat? what barbaric ambition inspires you?" Petra asks, gaining my undivided attention.
"i'm gonna kill the guy who ruined me life," Marcus says. "i'm gonna assassinate Ronald Reagan."

oh boy

everyone goes silent for a split second until Lex and Billy burst out laughing. i look over at Petra with a worried face, which she returns.
"better do it before your hot date with Chico huh?" she says giving him a sly smirk.
"nah, he's all talk"
and with that Lex whips his head around to look at me with a wide smile.
"last bloke who looked at Maria was Chico's cousin. Chico jammed a barbecue fork into his bloody back!" Lex screams. he's been dying to tell that story to a fresh pair of ears sense it happened.
"left him a fucking paraplegic" i added.
"yeah but, the rules. they prevent-" Marcus starts to say but was rudely interrupted by Petra.

"you think Chico gives a shit about the rules? he's a butcher."
Lex gets up and walks to Marcus so that their face to face.
"and ready or not after school today one of you is gonna die." Lex then flicks his cigarette at Marcus and takes my hand leading me to door. "we've got class, see you losers later"