Pinch Runner

It's been a month after Y/n had joined the baseball team.

During the four to five weeks, he has been practicing hard, hanging out with his two best friends in school and on the field, studied hard, and of course hung out with a certain blonde girl.

A fun five weeks as Y/n's weekend was about to get busy.

Today was his first game, Y/n could be seen in the outfield where his position coach was hitting grounders and pop flies, reaction drills as he threw his last ball to the assistant fielding coach and called it off for a resting period.

Y/n pants lightly, the brim of his hat provides a small shadow over his face to cool him off as he was stretching a bit after his drill.

He was ready to leave to the dugout.

"Y/n-kun!~" he hears a voice calling to him near the bleachers of the foul line as he turns to see a girl waving to him in a casual outfit of blue jeans, a black shirt tucked in, and a pair of white sneakers.

He knew who it was as he smiles and jogs on over to her. "Hey, Sakura!" He says as he leans on the fence. "Glad to see you here!"

A smile grows on her face as she leans on the railing as well. "Well, I wanted to see my best friend play his first game today!~ Wouldn't wanna miss it!~" she says as Y/n couldn't help but feel mushy for a bit, his head was slowly trailing off to Cloud Nine.

"Hey! Guess what!~" Sakura says, snapping him away from his thoughts. "What?"

Swipe!

"Got your hat!~" she teases as she quickly snags his hat from his head which makes him chuckle. "Okay, Jake Paul, give it back to me." He attempts to grab his hat but she raises it away from him, a playful look on her face. "I won't... Unless unless you give me your wrist!~"

My wrist?

"Why?"

"Do it!~"

Y/n sighs softly, shaking his head. "Okay then..." he says as he gives his dominant arm out to her.

Quickly, Sakura takes off her mint scrunchie from her wrist and wraps it on his with a happy smile.

"A little something to remember me of during the game!~" she winks before putting his hat back on his head and pushing the bill past his eyes.

"Good luck, Y/n-kun!~" she says before skipping off to the large bleachers, Y/n fixed his hat a bit from his head as he watched her skip to her three other friends and a boy who he presumed was one of her friend's crush.

They seemed in a bit of an awkward situation since they both had a crush on each other, but this ain't a book about them.

Y/n smiles as he watched Sakura take her seat and waves at the boy, he waved back as he heads to the team's dugout where he was met by, you guessed it.

"Nice scrunchie, man! Did your girlfriend give it to you?" He hears his friend say as he starts to turn a bit pink and frowns. "How many times do I have to tell you she's not my girlfriend?"

"I don't know... It kinda looks like you guys are dating..." he says as Y/n rolls his eyes jokingly.

"Whatever, loser. Let's just play the ball game." He says as Mahomes and Y/n performed their bro shake and head to their seats where they start their first game of the season.

...

The game started out slow, even if Y/n was the player of the first inning as he caught the first and the third out to head in to go up at bat.