Lightning

"So you and Gary didn't work out then?" Xander frowns, "I'm so sorry Hen, you two looked so cute together too."

Henry sighs, reclining back in his chair. "Yeah... and now he's pretending as though nothing ever happened between us. But it's, you know, whatever." He shrugs, flipping through his book.

"You sound like you're already over it." His friend inquired, "Have you already found someone new?"

A hum leaves his lips before he fully realizes what he's comfirming, "Ah, uh-yes and no. See-he... he's still in the closet!" Yes! Xander wouldn't dare try and pry if he knew that. "You probably won't see him around. Ever."

"Oh Henry! Well... if he's ever up for it you two can absolutely join John and I on date night! It'll be a double date!"

And with that Henry shuts his book, taking off his reading glasses. "That's actually what I called you over for, Xander. There's some things I'd like to discuss."

Xander sat up straight. The both of them knew where this was going. "Henry..."

"I know I haven't been the greatest friend to you-"

"You've more than made up for that, hell. You gave me a son-"

"Oh don't remind me, it makes me feel so old.... He's, what, in his twenties now? Where does the time go?" Henry chuckles softly, "He's a good kid." He'd probably get along great with his nephew-which he only found out he had last year, along with a younger sister. Wow.

"He is... all I could have asked for. I don't think John and I have thanked you enough." He reaches over and squeezes his hand.

"Mmm, anyways. I thinks it's best if you, John, and I went our separate ways. Remaining friends, of course."

"What... what brought this on?"

"Xander, you drop hints like bricks. It wasn't hard to figure out. And you can't deny that things haven't been the same since..." That whole fiasco. "It's for the best, really."

"I..." He sighed, Henry can tell he's relieved. "It has been a little weird, huh? Maybe... maybe this will just be temporary."

"We'll have to see, Xander." He offers him a small smile. "Of course, you know, I wouldn't say no to some casual heat of the moment passion-"

"Alright, alright. And you say I drop hint bricks."

"Say-John's taking an awful long time in the bathroom, do you think he got lost again?"

"He always does, your house is a maze. We'll find him, in a bit.... Maybe after we're done."

--

John was not 'lost' nor was he in the bathroom.

He didn't like doing this, but there'd been too many reports of strange activity going on in Hatchetfield lately. And the energy readings P.E.I.P was getting off this location was insane. Any other agent could have done this, sure. But Henry was... difficult to persuade. He never liked having people snoop around-actually, who did?

He was going room to room, scanning each one and recording anything he found odd. He was glad Henry called them over in the first place. And that Xander was currently in the living room providing a distraction.

Henry had been acting mighty suspicious lately. Which wasn't too out of the ordinary, knowing him, but it was enough to make John wary.

His readings were higher in the kitchen, almost specifically around the fruit basket. Paranormal entities like fruit now, apparently. And Henry's bedroom. Which... well, it didn't paint a good or bad picture. Just a strange one. Could be a being that really liked watching people sleep.