1

───

───

     it was about time that yagi toshinori — the current ruler of the heavens — stepped down from his all mighty throne.

     after all, he's aged quite a bit. and that scar that was given to him from an unruly fight many centuries ago, did not help his cause either.

     "endeavor, what do you think of the new candidates?", all might questioned.

     after all, every god and goddess had a name that they handpicked for themselves, since names held an importance against those who would use it for evil.

     "I see no potential in any of these children; except for my third son, shōto", endeavor swiftly responded, not surprising the other gods and goddesses of japan.

     all might chuckled.

     "well, it's to be expected that a father would support their own child. however, I suggest we hold a competition for everyone this year", all might stated.

     "even the younger ones?", aizawa shōta — eraserhead — questioned.

     after all, there were the gods and goddess at the top of the hierarchy, then the groups: gold, silver, and bronze for the heavenly people (tennin) that are still training to become one.

     with humans below them, demons were at the bottom of the chain, at least from the gods' perspectives.

     "indeed! this is a chance for everyone to do some good on earth and scout out some potential successors for the upcoming centuries", all might smiled, to which everyone had murmured amongst themselves.

     it wasn't until one had bravely raised their hand, catching everyone's attention and silencing them all.

"umm...pardon my question, but will she be participating as well?"

endeavor furrowed his brows, as he immediately shot down the idea.

     "absolutely not! she's not to be released due to that incident that she cau—"

"perhaps", all might interrupted. "perhaps, we can give her another chance. after all, she is skilled...highly competent".

"need I remind you that it's because she was highly competent that she had fallen into the sin that most long for: greed", endeavor stated.