4

───

───

     "thank you for the food and futon. I wish you both the best of luck with the business", mikoto bowed.

     "no worries!! are you sure you'll be fine on your own though?", the wife worried.

     "yes. I'm usually prone to traveling alone, but this time, it seems that I'll be having company", mikoto smiled, glancing over at the eleven crows that were perched on top of a nearby tree.

"I-I see...well then, we hope that you arrive safely to wherever you're heading", the man bowed.

"thank you. oh! and one more thing, if anyone ever comes across and asks about me, please keep my presence a secret", mikoto stated.

"oh, alright!! goodbye then!", the couple waved, as the dark-haired woman took her leave.

it wasn't until mikoto was on the main road towards another village, that she made a whistling noise with the corner of her lips gently pressed together.

kurono had swiftly swerved down from the flock of crows and landed on mikoto's finger.

"I need you, mimic, and kai to stay with me, while the rest go scout out the village and see if there's any jobs that I can momentarily take on", mikoto stated.

"it'll take me about another hour or so to get there, so I'll meet them at the entrance of the village", the dark-haired woman explained.

kurono flew back up towards the sky, as he informed the rest.

mikoto watched as eight of the eleven had sped forwards, meanwhile the other three had landed beside mikoto in their half-demon form.

"why are you looking for a job? and who allowed you to call me by my first name?", chisaki questioned.

"I need money for a horse. I can't just keep walking on feet, or else I'll never get there", mikoto stated.

     "and kai's shorter than chisaki and overhaul, which is easier for me to remember", she added on.

      chisaki's brows immediately furrowed, as they were nowhere near close, especially buddy-buddy enough to be on a first name basis.

     "you ought to really put some respect on overhaul's na—"

      "I will once I get the same respect back. after all, woman is not my name", mikoto interrupted, to which mimic had honestly considered pulverizing her into the ground and just running off with the rest of the shie hassaikai.