Chapter Five: Family Ties

I walk downstairs and I hear the news on TV

"To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught." The guy on the news said. "Scum ball. Scum bucket." Jenna said from where she was leaning against a kitchen chair. "Who are you talking to?" Elena and I ask in sync. "Him. The news guy, also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you two why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Jenna asked "Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute." Elena said and we both sit down at the table. "In a Imma break into your house and kill you type of way." I say "He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him." Jenna cut the TV off. "What are you doing with that?" Jenna asked and that's when I noticed that she had a box from the safe deposit box. "I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display." Elena said cleaning one of the items. Jenna picks up a ring. "Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna asked and that's when I see Jer walking into the room. "Originally it was great-Great-Grandma Mary's wedding ring." Elena said and Jeremy picked up a pocket watch. "How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on ebay?" Jeremy asked standing beside me and Elena reached over and grabbed the watch from his hand. "You're not gonna find out." Elena asked "That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away." Jeremy said "I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy." Elena said and the doorbell rings.

-time skip-

Bonnie, Care, Stacey, and I walk in the grill. "You're taking Liv to the founders party? What about me?" Bonnie asked "Go with Elena." Care said "She's asking Stefan." Bonnie said making me scoff. "Okay, then go by yourself. It's not that fucking complicated." I say "Calm down ástin. No need to bite her head off." Finn said "I'm going with Damon." Stacey said "What about your mom? Is she okay with you bringing Damon?" Bonnie asked "And I'm supposed to care why?" Stacey asked "He's older sexy danger guy." Bonnie said "Damon's not dangerous. You know, he just has a lot of issues with his brother. You know, like major, deep-rooted drama." Stacey said "Like?" Bonnie and Care ask in sync. "I'm not really supposed to say anything." Stacey said "Stacey when have you ever kept a secret in your life?" Care asked "Okay. But none of you can tell Elena." Stacey said "No." The three of us say in sync.

-time skip-

I was sitting in a booth and I see Tyler walk up to Vicki. "So what you gonna buy me?" Tyler asked "Ugh, some class. Oh, your parents are gone. I guess can be close now." Vicki said "What the hell does that mean?" Tyler asked "You treat me like trash. I'm sick of it." Vicki said "I don't think you're trash." Tyler said "Really? Then who are you taking to the founder's party?" Vicki asked "Vicki Donovan. Do you want me to ask you to the founder's party?" Tyler asked "No. It'll be stupid and lame." Vicki said "True. But it'll be less stupid and lame if you were there." Tyler said and he walked away. Jeremy walked up to her making me roll my eyes. "You realize you had to ask him to ask you, right? You figure if you dress up like a respectable young lady, he'll finally treat you like one?" Jeremy asked "Screw you, Jeremy." Vicki said "Already did that." I mumble "You know you're making the wrong choice, yet you make it anyway. It's sad." Jeremy said