Prolouge

The night that Olivia Gilbert's parents died was also the night of the annual bonfire

The night that Olivia Gilbert's parents died was also the night of the annual bonfire. Her parents always had family game nights and Miranda Gilbert's younger sister Jenna would join them, that night was no different except that it happened to be the night of the bonfire. Olivia's parents already knew that she would be at the bonfire instead of family night and then her younger twin sister Elena decided to tag along too. Before the twins parents died they were really close, so close that they would do everything together. But the night that Grayson and Miranda Gilbert died, that all changed. During the bonfire, the youngest twin had a fight with her boyfriend Matt Donovan that resulted in Elena calling their parents to come get them. Because they had to pick up Elena they forced Olivia who was drunk and high off of god knows what to leave too. But the night could only get worse from there.

Everything was fine until Grayson had to serve on the road and hit the guardrail on the towns bridge called Wickery Bridge. The car of four was submerged into the water below. When the car first submerged Grayson Gilbert and his eldest daughter were the only ones conscious, the cold water making Olivia sober up very quickly. Olivia in her newly sober state saw someone jump in the water. Wether she blamed it on her being high or drunk, no one knows but she never told a soul that she saw the person. The last thing Olivia remembered before becoming unconscious was her father mouthing to her "I love you, Livvy." Before he took his last and final breath.

That dreadful night happened all of only four months ago and ever since that night, Olivia Gilbert hasn't spoken to her twin sister. During the court case for Miranda's sister Jenna to have custody over the twins and their younger brother Jeremy, the courts decided noticing Olivia's drug addiction made her go to rehab for two months. Olivia comes back to the town of Mystic Falls just 3 weeks before the school year starts and she has a feeling that she isn't going to like this year.

AN
Hope y'all like this quick prologue. The rest of the story will be in Olivia's POV unless stated otherwise.