chapter ten

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

❝ out of time ❞

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

IN THE lab, Tony carefully places the stones in the gauntlet he made while Bruce and Scott watches. It was rather nerve wrecking, they had no idea if this would work.

Fingers crossed.

When they were all perfectly in place, he lets out a cheer before calling the Avengers in.

"We have it," he announced, holding the gauntlet up for them to see.

"Okay, question is— who's gonna snap it?" Scott asked, looking around the room.

"I could do it," Wanda piped up as she rubbed her hands together nervously. Everyone lets out exclaims in protest.

"No, no stop," Clint held a hand up.

"Let's talk about this," Steve said.

"We'll decide it together," Natasha added.

"Are we just gonna sit around and wait for an opportunity? Someone needs to do it, and they need to do it quick," Wanda protests.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty," Thor stepped up.

"Hold on, no, stop. I sense something here," Tony piped up. "You're a little too on edge miss witch, what's going on?"

"She saw something," Bucky answered for her. "Or heard, or something along the lines of that."

"What did you see?" Bruce asked the girl and everyone turned their attention to her.

"I heard voices, screams. I saw my brother," her voice wavered as she looked down and tugged at her sleeves while clearing her throat. "But most importantly I heard a voice. Multiple, voices."

"What did it say?" Scott asked, now intrigued.

"Nova will change the endgame," she repeated the words from earlier. It seemed to be on loop.

It's always about changing the endgame. She didn't quite understand what it meant or how much the endgame needed to change, but she did know that if she's getting these sights it was for a reason.

"I don't know what it means, it doesn't make sense to me either but it has to be big and important," she concluded.

The Avengers seemed to exchanged glances in silence, all trying to figure out what any of this meant.

Because honestly nothing made sense.

"Okay, okay," Tony nodded. "Then someone needs to do the snap, if we wanna figure this out."