epilogue

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

❝ until forever falls apart ❞

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

EZRA HERRERA jumped to his feet at the sight of his sister stumbling out of the portal. Bucky and Sam's heads both snapped in her direction as Ezra ran to grab her into his arms.

"Oh!" she let out a squeal as her feet were lifted off the ground while he hugged her.

"Me alegra que estés bien," he whispered as they pulled away and pressed a kiss at the top of her head.

"Yo también," she smiled up at her brother. She looked over his shoulder, seeing Doctor Strange, Sam and Bucky all watching her with smiles.

Ezra stepped aside and nudged her towards them, making the girl walk to the sorcerer first.

"How'd I do?"

"Very well, Your Majesty, very well," Doctor Strange nodded with a kind smile.

"Just to put it out there, again, wizards do exist. This one right here," Sam points to Nova, "is a—"

"A witch," Bucky interrupted with mock annoyance while trying to suppress a smile.

"Which is the female equivalent! Same thing!" Sam protested.

"Shut up feathers, and give me a hug," Nova opened her arms and waddled to the man who chuckled as he leaned down to hug his friend.

"You did great," he said as they broke apart, and then playfully bowed, "your majesty." The brunette laughed at him, shaking her head as she waved him off.

She looked to her left and saw Bucky staring at her with a tender look in his eyes and a smile she could never get enough of.

Strange had noticed their looks, and subtly called Ezra and Sam further away to talk. No, really, they didn't.

Bucky stepped towards her and pulled her into his chest. She wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head sideways on his chest as she inhaled deeply. He ran his fingers through her hair, his lips planting a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"You okay?" he whispered.

She hummed, leaning her head back to look up into his eyes. She tightened her grip around him with a smile, and subtle nod.

"I'm home."

━━━━

NOVA LEANED her forearms on the banister. She held a mug of hot chocolate in hand as she stared off into the night sky of Ivazar. Bucky walked down the hall and knocked onto her bedroom door, hearing a faint permission.

He opened the door and peeked his head in, finding the girl standing on the balcony with her back facing him.

"Hey," he greeted softly as he joined her side. "Hey," she looked over to him with a smile.

He leaned his elbow on the banister and turned on his side, making Nova mirror his position.

"What're your plans now?" he asked.

"Well," she hummed, her fingers tracing her mug aimlessly. "I don't really have any plans, so, I guess I'm just running with whatever comes my way."

"Am I?"

"What?"

"In your way?"

She blinked, staring straight into his blue eyes. Her mouth fell agape as she tried to find an answer, or more of a way to form a sentence.

"Do you wanna be?" she tilted her head slightly, not wavering from the eye contact they held.

The side of his lips tilted upwards slightly as he looked down for a moment to hide the flush of his cheeks. Nova reached her hand out to clasp it with his vibranium one, leaving her mug on the ledge so she could trace the gold patterns.

"I guess that depends, would you be okay with that?"

She looked up at his question, only now noticing how close he had gotten. His lips were almost brushing her forehead, and she felt her heart jump to her throat.

"I would," she smiled softly, "forever, be okay with that."

"So this is gonna be forever then?" he cocked his head to the slight with a teasing grin and she laughed.

"I don't know if that's the right word, even forever falls apart," she said and unintentionally reminded herself of her parents.

"So, promise me one thing," he took her other hand in his and caressed her knuckles with his thumbs. "Stay, until forever falls apart."

She stepped forward and cupped his face, pulling him down for a sweet yet firm kiss. His grip fell onto her hips and tightened as he deepened the kiss. They pulled away breathlessly, the moonlight illuminating both their faces.

"Until forever falls apart."