・ ❥ Helping Out

・・ ──────────────────────────────────── ・・

[ SYSTEM ]
Quest will be accepted in。。。
5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Quest accepted.

" W- what?! " The girl who was sitting on the ground abruptly stood up, planning to grab the square window.. But it disappeared from her sight. Gasping at the sudden disappearance she soon raged. " What the fuck is this? Where am I even?! " Just as she shouted, she heard the splashing of water from the east.

' The east..! There's splashing... So there must be a lake there.. Just like what the SYSTEM said! ' Like she had a realization, the H/C haired girl rushed towards the source of the sound thinking there'd be someone who could help her out.

Her surroundings didn't change as much but she was sure of one thing, there was another person by the lake. Peeking from behind a rock, she saw the back of a person. It was a guy who had bright blonde hair, a slim body and fair skin. ' Where have I seen him before...? ' The girl thought but soon pushed it away when she saw someone drowning. ' H- huh?! '

Panicking from the unexpected situation, she looked around her surrounding area catching a glance of a fishing rod. Hastily moving on her feet, she grabbed it before throwing the end in the lake. As she felt a tug on it, she reeled it in, not even noticing the look of the boy on her.

Finally fishing the person out she widened her eyes, loosing her grip on the fishing rod. ' What the... Paimon..?! ' Y/N averted her eyes from the person, turning it to the boy who had his eyes widened just like hers. ' Golden-yellow eyes.. ' " Aether.. " Realizing she had just spat his name out she covered her mouth.

" Do I... Know you..? " Cursing herself in her mind, she replied shakily. " N- not really..? You... Just looked like someone I knew... " His eyebrows furrowed, was his name common in this world? It didn't seem like that so he pulled his sword out, pointing it towards Y/N. Slightly shaking, the girl shouted " W- wait! I.. I just saved a person... You- you can't be suspicious of me..! "

Finding reason in her words, he slowly lowered his sword down. Glancing at the person who almost drowned, he asked softly " Are you alright? " ' What the hell? You also don't know that person yet you're kinder to her?! ' All of the sudden, she remembered why she went here in the first place.

Why was Aether and Paimon here? If she was in Genshin Impact why would a SYSTEM like that pop out? The most important question of all was; Will she ever get out of here? While she was lost in thought, the square window popped out again.

・ ❥ Loading。。。 Ding!
[ SYSTEM ]
Quest completed!
Would you like the rewards?

Rewards。。。
・ Aether, Favorability +5%
・ Fishing Rod

。。。 Yes / No

The girl who was still lost in thought made a decision, unconsciously pressing 'Yes.' She would go along with Aether, and find a way to get out of this place. It wouldn't be that bad as she already knew the prologue of this story, the only concern was.. Will she really get out of this place when she finishes the story? No, thinking back to when she first awaken, there was the part of raising a character's favorability to reach an ending.

' If I reach an ending with a character, will I be able to get out much earlier? Even if I don't finish the story? ' Y/N, who was now out of her trance was staring at the white window in front of her. ' Favorability... ' Averting her gaze from the window, she instantly looked at a circle on top of the boy named Aether.

' That wasn't showed in the original game so that must be his favorability. ' She concluded her thoughts when she saw the percentage in the circle. ' But why is it only 3%?! W- wait... Don't tell me there's a chance of it dropping-? W- what happens if it reaches negative? W- what'll happen to me?! ' Anxiety took over the young girl's mind but was washed away when Aether tapped her on the shoulder.

His face looked pensive, to which she tilted her head to in a questioning way. " .. I- I apologize if I pointed my sword at you when you only helped.. " Glancing at the top of his head again, she saw how it was blinking. ' Ah- It's changing? I.. I should think carefully... ' " I- it's no problem..! I understand why you did it... I must've sounded suspicious when I said your name out loud. "

Aether slightly smiled while Y/N glanced at the percentage again, which was now 6%. " I won't ask how you know my name but thank you for helping me.. I- I didn't know what I was going to do when that happened... " " Yeah! Paimon would've drowned if it weren't for you! " Paimon, who flew in-between the two, exclaimed. Giggling, Y/N nodded her head.

' Maybe this really wouldn't be that bad. '

・・ ──────────────────────────────────── ・・