Chapter 6

"What's up mom?" Tyler said.

"Well we know that you guys saw us kiss. How do you feel about that?" Lauren said to Travis and Tyler who seemed a bit shocked at the question.

"Travis said he shouldn't have two mommies if he has a daddy and I should find my daddy." Tyler was playing with his fingers and he looked nervous.

"Travis," Lauren said and looked at me for approval before talking to my son," I like your mom. A lot. But that doesn't mean I'm going to take place of your dad. If you want to see him you should talk to your mom about that but please don't think wrong about me and your mom." Lauren sighed. "Tyler. I know it'd be nice if you saw your dad so I'll see what I can do okay?"

By the end of the night Tyler and Travis were off of the dad subject and on to playing video games. Dinah left after dinner and Lauren and I cuddled in bed.

"We should get some sleep Lauren." I suggested pulling her closer to me and kissing her temple.

"Mhm." She mumbled and soon after I heard her light snores. "Goodnight Laur."

--

Monday morning Dinah and I headed to work and Ally heard all about the Lana thing.

"I can't believe Lana wants to work with us." Ally said sipping her coffee.

"I'll try to get ahold of her today." I said.

"This is going to be so good. I am so excited. Get to work girls and let me know what goes on with Lana." Ally said and headed to her office.

"This means we'll probably get a raise." Dinah said clapping.

"You're so money hungry." I said laughing.

"I don't have anyone to take care of but myself. I need to spoil myself sometimes."

"So next paycheck you're taking care of me. I want a mani and pedi."

"Too far Mila. Too far. Get to work." she said and went to her desk.

I dialed Lana's number and she answered very quickly.

"Hello?"

"Hey! It's Camila."

"Hi Camila! How are you?"

"I'm well. Ally asked me to call you to see if you were still interested in the book idea. She's ready to make a deal."

"I'm still interested. I'll stop by soon?"

"Okay! see you soon."

I got up from my desk after ending the call and told Ally that Lana would be here soon.

"Oh my god. I need to get paperwork ready. Meet me in the conference room in 30 minutes." Ally said and rushed out of the office.

To kill time, I texted Lauren and asked how her day was going.

Hey Lo. Just wanted to see how your day was going. Lana's coming in soon.. miss you :)

I put my phone in my bag and walked into the conference room. Ally was sitting there with Lana.

"Camila, we've been waiting for you." Ally said.

"Nice to see you again." Lana smiled and got up to hug me.

Lana explained the whole book idea to Ally and Ally was in awe. She handed the paperwork over and I explained what was needed to be signed and all the things that came along with the contract.

"Thank you so much Ally." Lana said pulling her into a hug. "See you soon."

Ally left the conference room leaving Lana and I alone.

"So have you had lunch?" She asked.

"Nope. I've been running around all day."

"Let's grab a bite?" She asked and I quickly accepted.

"Just let me grab my things."

I walked to my desk and grabbed my bag and said bye to Dinah then quickly made my way back over to Lana.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked.

"Wherever you want."

We walked about 10 minutes until we got to a little diner.

"Table for 2." The waiter said and seated us at a booth.

"I can't stop thinking about you," Lana said.

"Wait what?"

"You're so beautiful Camila."

I smiled and pulled out my phone to see that Lauren texted back.

Let me know how it goes. Miss you more

"You know what let's skip food c'mon." Lana said dragging me out of my seat.

She walked me to a park about a few minutes away and sat in the grass.

"Come sit next to me." She said patting down on the space next to her.

"You don't like me do you?"

"I never said that."

"Okay then I guess you won't mind if I do this."

She leaned in and kissed me.

"Camila? Is that you?"

...