Chapter 7

I turned around and saw Dinah.

"Mila."

I got up and walked over to my friend. "What the fuck was that?"

"She kissed me." I answered truthfully.

Before I could say anything, Dinah was walking towards Lana.

"This is supposed to be a meeting not some love session. Camila is taken and not interested in you."

"I'm sorry." Lana spoke quietly.

"Dinah please go I'll handle this."

I walked towards Lana and helped her up off the ground and walked away from Dinah.

"I'm sorry, but Dinah is right. I am talking to someone and this isn't okay."

Nodding Lana responded, "So I'll bring my journal to you tomorrow." She turned and walked away leaving me alone.

A few minutes after Dinah caught up to me. "I knew you'd reject her."

"I honestly wasn't expecting that, but I'm glad you saved me." I said hugging Dinah and laughing.

"So a journal?"

"I guess that's what we should tell Ally."

Dinah and I walked through the park and back to our office.

--
"Travis." I said standing in front of a pile of clothes.

"Yeah mom?" He said from behind me.

"What is this?"

"Oh, I'm cleaning out my closet." He grabbed a bunch of clothes and threw them on his bed. "Some of these don't fit and I need a new style."

"A new style?"

"Yeah. This new kid David Mahone told me that no girl is gonna like me with the kind of clothes I wear."

"What's wrong with graphic tees?" Ally said walking into Travis's room.

"Who's David Mahone?" I questioned.

"Some new kid. I just told you."

"What does he look like?" Ally asked.

"Brown hair. Skinny. He wears baggy pants and shirts that are too long."

"Sounds like Austin." Dinah joined in.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Austin Mahone? That's my dads last name." Travis now figured it out.

"We're switching your school." I said and walked towards the door. "Clean this mess."

Ally and Dinah followed me out into the kitchen.

"There's no fucking way Austin has another kid." I said pacing back and forth.

"He did cheat on you with Becky." Dinah reminded me of the incident that occurred so many years ago.

"But he was always here after Travis was born. Besides jail and the parties, he always came home to me."

"Maybe Becky found him after you kicked him out and told him about his kid." Ally said.

"Okay maybe, but this isn't fucking okay. He has it out for my son. He's telling his kid to tease my kid. I'm going over there." I said grabbing my car keys. "Watch Travis."

"Wait I'm coming." Dinah said followed by Ally saying "This isn't a good idea," and her sighing.

I put the keys in the ignition and drove to Lauren's house. I parked in her driveway and walked next door to Austin's moms house.

Dinah went to Lauren's and I rang the doorbell.

Austin opened the door and I grabbed his shirt and pulled him outside.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" I pushed him against the door and smacked him.
"Let it be the last fucking time you and your little fucking kid mess with my son. My son. Not your son. You're a pathetic excuse for a father and I never ever want to see you again. You can kiss your visitation rights away because I'm going to the court first thing in the morning. You're lucky they even considered letting you have visitation. As for David or whatever his name is, I hope one day he realizes how fucking pathetic you are. How are you going to teach your son to pick on other kids. If he doesn't realize sooner or later how messed up you are, he's going to end up just like you. I hope Becky is proud."

I turned away and he grabbed me by my arm and slammed me so hard against the door.

"Listen you little fucking bitch, you will never get away with this."

He let go of me and laughed. "See ya cutie." and walked inside his house.

I walked towards Lauren's house and opened her door.

"Calm me down before I go back over there and kill him."

Lauren grabbed me by my waist and pulled me over to her. "What did he say? Dinah said you could handle it on your own."

"Well first I blew up on him and then he grabbed me and slammed me against the door and said I would never get away with this and went inside and said 'see ya cutie'"

Dinah checked my arm and once again a bruise from Mr. Mahone.

"Let's get you home so we can call your lawyer." Dinah said.

"Let me get Tyler. I'll come with you." Lauren said.

"No I'll go get him." Dinah said walking up the stairs.

"Baby I'm so sorry this happened."

She kissed my temple, then my nose, and then my chin a few times before she kissed my lips.

"We can fix this. I promise he won't continue to ruin your life."