Part 1

South Downs cottage was quiet, which sadly wasn't normal for the once happy home. Although Eden Alexandria Queen Fell was safe and sound at home, she sadly was still in critical condition despite her fever being gone and her new stitches holding fast.

Halloween was approaching and Aziraphale and Crowley hadn't bothered to decorate the cottage. What was the point? Eden was stuck in her room and wasn't even well enough to help with the decorating or even help Aziraphale bake Halloween themed sweets in the kitchen. But the worst was that Eden was going to miss the Hallows' Eve Festival. The city of Soho would close their streets and food booths, game booths and all of the shops would be decorated for the occasion as well. And everyone from all walks of life would be dressed in costume.....

But that obviously wasn't going to happen anytime soon and it was clear that Eden was devastated.

Crowley was standing in the hallway, listening to the conversation that Eden was having with Archangel Gabriel, who had stopped by for a visit.

Even though the door was slightly ajar, Crowley had to strain in order to hear Eden's weak voice.

"I'm sorry that were going to miss the festival this year. I wanted to show you around.....and have you try the scrummy food...." Crowley felt a lump in his throat. He hoped Aziraphale was almost done with that Jack O'Lantern and the other decorations.

"You have nothing to apologize for Eden." Crowley heard the Archangel rasp. "You just need to focus on getting better...."

"But I-AGH!" At the sound of Eden yelping in pain, Crowley dashed into the room.

"What's wrong? What happened?" he demanded, immediately checking for signs of fever, careful not to disturb the bandages that were wrapped around her head.

"No fever. Is it your arm? Your stomach?"

"I-It's nothing." Eden murmured, her good hand clutching her gut. "I'm fine."

Desperate to feel useful, Gabriel rose from the chair at beside the bed and said, "I'll fetch Aziraphale." and rushed out of the room.

Turning back to Eden, Crowley asked, "What about your arm Queenie?" He shot a concerned glance at the splinted arm. "It's almost time for your tea, that may be why you're in pain...."

"I said I'm fine." Eden said, her voice devoid of emotion. "I just want to sleep." Her blue serpentine eyes were glazed with pain as she gazed up at him sadly.

Crowley bit back a cry of despair. It was killing him to see his little girl in so much pain and he couldn't do anything about it. But there was more to that pain in her eyes and he needed to know.

"Queenie...love....what's wrong....there's something you're not telling me...." Crowley reached out and clasped her good hand, squeezing it tightly and after a moment Eden finally spoke.

"I-"