Part 9

Eden gaped up at the Doctor, still not at all convinced that she was believing what she was seeing.

"Is this a dream?" Eden rasped as the Doctor knelt at the bedside. He was wearing a set of thick 3d glasses; the lenses were so thick they were hiding his eyes completely.

The Doctor smiled, "Of course not, I just thought I stopped by and see how my favorite Companion was doing. I've been worried sick ever since I heard about....your injuries...."

There was a brief moment of silence. "Yeah, but they don't hurt as much as before, it's just the stab wound that's a pain in the ass...." Eden grumbled as she rubbed her gut with her good hand.

"Do you need me to get your parents?" Crowley so desperately wanted to break character and hold her, like he had done, and been doing for so long but Eden squeezed his hand.

She just had some tea, so it hadn't kicked in yet.

"Perhaps if we talk about something else, it will keep your mind off of the pain."

"Okay." Eden replied.

"Good, now, your parents have told me that you have been quite blue because you can't attend this year's Hallows Eve Festival and...?"

"I won't get to dress up as you this Halloween....which is tomorrow night." Eden said sadly.

"Well. I must say, you already are me or more accurately, you are just like me."

"What?" Eden gasped.

The Doctor nodded, "Yes. You saved this world while I was up to my neck in another galaxy I'm afraid, unaware of what was going on. If not for you, this world and humanity would have been destroyed. And it's reassuring to know that Earth has more protectors like me, it helps relieve the burden on these old shoulders of mine. You also made the ultimate sacrifice, something that not many are willing to do. I'm proud to consider you a Companion Eden Alexandria Queen Fell. My Companion True."

"I'm sure you say that to all of the Companions." Eden murmured her face lighting up with a tired smile.

"I didn't get to say it enough, now, you get some rest and when you wake up I want you to try to eat some food after your tea, alright?"

Eden nodded. "Yes Doctor."

Aziraphale sighed with relief as he watched Eden eat the rest of her leftovers from earlier. He shot a grateful glance at Crowley, who was still in costume then he shot a quick glance up at the ceiling. Thanking a certain Someone for answering his prayers.