[003] : AURORA'S CASTLE.

SETTING: AURORA'S PLACELIVINGSTONE ROAD, SEATTLE

LIVINGSTONE ROAD, SEATTLE.
TIME: 9.39 p.m

AGGRAVATED WASN'T EVEN THE CORRECT TERM to elucidate Ivy's feelings right now. Her frustrated eyes angrily put each skittle harshly into a ceramic bowl. Yellow, red, pink, green. Her mind repeated the colours over and over, the clattering sound disorderly setting the bowl onto the glass coffee table. Aurora didn't even half-notice her erratic behaviour, giggling as she texted rapidly on her phone. To God knows who. The vibrant little pebbles piled high, threatening to spill when she dragged the coffee table out of the way, granting the living room space.

         "They're gonna be here soon." Aurora beamed. Her smile was not enough to lighten up Ivy's thunderous mood. "Make sure the LED lights are on purple." Purple was a nice colour. Blue for alone time, red for sexy time. But purple—Purple was calming.

    Aurora tricked Ivy into coming by telling her they'd be alone. Bullshit. Ivy never knew alone meant the two of them—And three other boys. Now she's arranging skittles in rainbow order, and ordering pizza with her money. And on top of all of that— She had a mad headache. God, she hated having friends occasionally. Ivy wasn't surprised though, Aurora could easily lie through her teeth to manipulate anyone. A very toxic trait of hers.

     "Mhmm." Ivy bitterly hummed, the music matching her hum that played on Aurora's grandmother's old record player . Aurora flipped her head, her blonde hair swivelling around her thin neck to reveal her confused face. "Ivy, don't be angry with me, baby. This is gonna be fun."

     "I despise two out of three of them. And you think I'm going to have fun?" Ivy vividly snapped. Necessarily she didn't need to be there. If only Aurora understood. But she didn't and she probably never will because being as shallow as her, allows you to be easily wrapped up in your perfect little bubble.

   "Maybe." Aurora then shrugged.

    "Okay I'm leaving."

    "Noo. Please. Ivy, you uptight bitch-I'll make it up to you." Aurora whined, using her big old puppy dog eyes. Ivy squinted her eyes back suspiciously. "How exactly will you make it up to me?" One thing she's sure upon is that Aurora was great at promises.

    "I'll buy you The Hating Game."

   A bargain. Ivy had been looking for new, good quality books for awhile, yet she'd never had the money nor opportunity to buy them. Now the opportunity was right here. She smiled, her cheeks warming at the thought of new thick novels stacked on the shelfs of her bedroom. "Taking that smile as a yes." Aurora assumed. She was irrefutably right.

        Ding dong.

      They were here. Oh God, they were actually here. Aurora squealed in response, whilst Ivy groaned, setting down the empty Skittle packet. Aurora fluffed her blowdried blonde waves, prising down her chalk-white very mini skirt, smoothing down her chiffon blouse, blowing a brittle breath into the cool air. Aurora seemed—Nervous? Ivy watched her speechlessly, her eyes following her body language as she twisted the door open. Wow. That's very fascinating. Aurora is never nervous.