denial

Fire, like dust surrounding her every move, burning and glazing through her frail body, sending pulses affecting her mood. To have time slow down just enough, for the pulsing of her heart to reach her throat and the pain of the present to lay stranded like a boat, unknowingly leaving scars where once lay the innocent and perfect life of Mel Rose.

Her quality of life began to deteriorate with every breathless gasp of air she took, feeling trapped in a body torturing her without a second look. Like a fire in a drought, or a prick to the skin, Mel's life lost a petal, crippling, burning to the ground as if it disappeared into a book.

Yet time still moved on, leaving her physical body behind and the mental in denial. Desperately wanting to turn back time to the days where she did not feel as if she just ran a mile.

Attempting to suffocate the fire in her heart, yet all she got was more paint to fill her art, or the words on the paper that expressed her inner rage never had she thought that forever would only last another day.

And yet she lay there frozen unable to think as her rose got smaller and her pain just got taller. Four remaining petals held her tight, woven like a basket slightly loosened with might, allowing her fire to rise releasing her inner rage, while all she wanted to do was to escape her mental cage.