Bargaining

And yet no solution was found, no light nor sound. There was a hole in her soul which once was filled with too much love to bear, and is now creating despair in the air. Making her breathing hollow and diminished sight follow, her leaves shrivelled away. Under the bed and into the shade nobody knew what monster lay behind the the mask of being afraid.

Why were her petals falling apart in the air, and why were her memories disappearing into the atmosphere? Yet one question still held her petals tight, why did he disappear without the trace of fight? Why did he suffer all alone, when all his loved ones stood there within the reach of his rose cologne?

Why was I not the one to die when all I have gained is suffering and pain from the one that said forever and was now gone all together.

And with the last traces of power she realised nothing could be done to hold together this flower, or to end this suffering which was caused through too much hurting. Mel's rose began to unfold leaving her vulnerable and cold with no fight left to hold. And with the shortening days and the subsiding fire glaze, nothing felt more real that the blood that rushed to her head or the burning scars that shone bright red. Yet with the leaves all gone and the rose petal falling, her emotions had been lost and her loved one became foreign.