Chapter 2 - The Unknown Feelings

Azur Lane, a global organization, formed by the remaining countries across the world with a single purpose. To defeat an otherworldly invasion force who call themselves Sirens. Ever since their arrival, the world has been in chaos as humanity was chased out of the sea by these unknown entities with futuristic weapons.

Humanity has been pushed back for years until finally being able to make a comeback with the arrival of the ship girls—females who possess the soul of a warship, able to manifest them into a rigging on themselves.

Their arrival was caused by the Wisdom Cubes, a blue cube filled with light underneath its layer. With these cubes, they are able to summon ship girls, and with time, push back the Siren forces and capture some of the lost seas back.

All ship girls have a faction aligned to. Being Eagle Union, Royal Navy, Iron Blood, and Sakura Empire.

The minors were Dragon Empery, Northern Parliament, Iris Libre, Vichya Dominion, and Sardegna Empire.

And of course, as all navy fleets would have a Commander to command over them, but recently there have been some changes in some of the fleets as some of them made a deal with the HQ not to have any Commander.

The deal was made, but there was a catch. Each faction must have at least one Commander to lead them, which they all agreed on since it would be easier for them to keep an eye on them.

Currently, on Eagle Union Headquarter's dock, Vestal was waiting outside with an anxious face. Mainly due to not long ago, Saratoga's fleet reported what they had found and required her to do an emergency surgery as fast as possible when they arrived at the base.

She was in a nun uniform, and beside her was Cleveland, who tries to cheer her up from her nervousness. Although this might be a dumb thing to do in a situation like this, Cleveland didn't think so, as she wanted the repair ship to be in her best condition as much as possible before the surgery.

Cleveland: "Wait, I can see them heading this way!"

Looking at the horizon, both of them could see a destroyer heading their way. They recognize it as Laffey's ship form.

Vestal's heart was beating faster from nervousness ever since she readied the report she got from Saratoga's fleet. She knew she couldn't make any mistakes during the operation. It might cost a life if she did so.

Vestal: 'I need to calm down! If I don't, it will affect my performance.'

Thinking to herself, she started to take a deep breath to calm down her heart and body. Looking back at the approaching ship, her expression and body language changed to a more professional one, unlike her previous nervous self.

Cleveland: 'Her change in character is so sudden that it looks like she wasn't nervous at all earlier!'

She snapped out of her thoughts when the ship arrived at the dock. And before they knew it, Arizona and Phoenix carried an unconscious youth, which Arizona had bandaged. The bandages were mainly dyed red from absorbing the blood as Vestal and Cleveland forgot how to breathe for a second when they saw the horrifying state (Y/n) was in. It was worse than what they have reported.

Vestal: "Quickly! We have to get him to the infirmary. Arizona, Phoenix, load him up in the car!"

Wasting no time, the three begin to load (Y/n) up in what seemed to be an ambulance before they drove off to the hospital, leaving behind Cleveland and the rest of Saratoga's fleet except Phoenix and Arizona, who's in the car.

Cleveland seemed to be in a daze. She didn't know why, but the figure seems familiar somehow to her. She was in such a deep thought that she didn't notice someone was calling her name until her head was smacked by someone, snapping her out of her thoughts.