twenty ⸝⸝ lines

- October 8, Tuesday

(y/n) woke up to a dozen missed calls from the same person

(y/n) woke up to a dozen missed calls from the same person. She wiped away her tears from her nightmare and quickly called him back, a bit hesitant but also happy.

"Hello?" He answered instantly, a bit on the verge of panic. "(y/n)? Where you at?"

"What do you mean? I'm-I'm in my room," she sniffled unintentionally.

"Are you crying—well, nevermind that, it's half-passed noon, man," Jean sighs on the other end.

(y/n) smiled; Jean was concerned enough to call her.

"Where's Mikasa?"

Her smile fell, instantly replaced with resent as her eyes slightly watered. "I-I don't know..? Ask Eren or Armin?"

"Ah, good idea, thanks I guess." He said disappointedly.

(y/n) hummed, and opened her mouth to ask Jean a question, but the line dropped and (y/n) dropped her phone on the crumpled sheets instead.

A sigh escaped her lips as she lied back down and closed her eyes, trying to block him out. But no matter what fictional scenario she conjured up, Jean would always find a way into it.

She felt crazy.

Frustrated, she flung herself out of bed and quickly pulled on jeans, a denim jacket and a tank top beneath it. She decided to go out, and as she made her way through the parking lot, she subtly tucked her shirt into her jeans and chewed on a mint.

She saw Jean, again, by his motorcycle, and their eyes met. She didn't dare look at him for more than a second. This time, she looked away from him.

It was about 2 pm, but it was fairly cloudy and cold.

She didn't know where she was going, but she trekked on. Eventually, she found herself at the convenience store she'd come to with Jean.

She shrugged and went to the counter. "Uh, I need to see..."

He nodded and gestured to the back door, where the woman from before was. (y/n) had completely forgotten her name, though.

She was sat at the table, a blunt between her fingers and eyes red. (y/n) cringed at the scent of weed and that familiar flowery scent and instantly turned around and exited the convenience store altogether.

She didn't even know what she was trying to find. But she decided to walk further away from campus—which was probably a bad idea, but she decided not to care.

The sky above her lit up with a spark of lightning, followed by a clap of thunder, which made (y/n) jump a bit.

Then, suddenly, a bucket of rain poured down on her as another flash of lightning and thunder dashed by. She shivered against her now soaking clothes, and screamed in frustration.