Chapter 1

The crowd was wild. They were cheering and yelling for more from the band. Lights of a variety of colors shined on the band. Jake was there on stage for the competition and he had a huge smile on his face. He was so happy that he could finally pursue his passion to sing and that the crowd loved the performance. The limit for the competition was 2 songs per group.Jake looked over at the crowd. There,he saw her.

Daisy was standing in the crowd with a huge smile on her face. Her eyes sparkled with happiness.
Jake always said he was going to ask her out at the right moment. He knew exactly what to do.

"Thank you! Thank you everyone! Now, I want to dedicate this song to someone very special to me. Her name is Daisy" Jake yelled out with the biggest smile on his face. A small blush crept across his face. The crowd cheered. Daisy smiled and a small blush of appreciation grew on her face. She was happy that she was someone special to Jake as she considered Jake a good friend to her. Luke started playing on his drums and the band soon followed. Jake cleared his throat and started singing. The crowd went insane the moment Jake started singing again. More vibrant lights shined on stage. Bright green,electric blue,yellow,and even a sparkling purple. The song may have only been 3 minutes but it felt like an eternity to Jake. An eternity because he was actually confessing to Daisy. He was going to ask her out after the song finished. His heart was racing throughout the entire thing.

When Jake finished singing,the crowd broke into an applause so loud that the entire band flinched a bit. Daisy was also cheering and clapping her hands. She loved the song and she loved Jake's voice. Jake turned around and made gestures to the rest of the band.
"Go ahead" mouthed Hailey as she pointed to the crowd. Jake smiled and nodded. He faced the crowd again and tapped the mic. A high pitched screech was made from the mic that got everyone's attention.
"Everyone,please settle down. I have something very important to say. As you know,I dedicated the last song to my friend Daisy. Daisy,I want you to know that I've liked you for a while now and I have something on my mind. Will you be my girlfriend?" Jake asked as a huge,pink blush emerged on his face. Some people in the crowd gasped,others said Awww. Some were even cheering out Daisy's name.

Daisy,on the other hand was extremely shocked. Her eyes were wide open and she started shaking a bit. This was bad,really bad. She didn't like Jake in that way and she wasn't sure how to tell him. She knew for sure that she couldn't say it now,not in front of the entire crowd. That would for sure embarrass Jake and she didn't want that. Luckily,the band was called to leave the stage so that the judges would have time to make the results. Daisy decided to go back stage and tell Jake as soon as possible. She excused her way through the large crowd and she even saw Lia give her a dirty look. She sighed and eventually made her way back stage.

"The Music Club from Washington High" was what the door Daisy stood in front of said. She was taking deep breaths to calm down. People were walking in and out back stage,members from different bands,stage managers,lighting people,you name it. At least it wasn't as loud as the crowd was. The bright lights back stage helped put Daisy in a more positive mood. She was going to break the news to Jake as gently as possible.

The door creaked opened and Daisy peeked her head in.
"Can I come in?" she asked with a gentle tone of voice. Jake immediately turned his head around. The other members of the music club smirked,well except Hailey. Hailey couldn't bring herself to smirk as she had feelings for Jake. Instead,all she did was give a small smile. She hoped things would work out for Jake as she wanted him to be happy.
"D-Daisy! Of course you can come in" Jake happily said as he walked closer to the door. Daisy gave a tiny,shy smile as she walked into the room. She looked all around. The room was quite small but everyone in the band was able to fit.Luke's drums were able to fit into the left corner,Zander's piano on the right. The room was painted a pure white as to give the feeling that there was more light. The floor was firm and wooden. Daisy always enjoyed observing the places she went but now wasn't the time for that. She looked at the rest of the group.
"Can I talk to Jake in private please? It'll just be for a moment" Daisy said as she looked at the rest of the band. Hailey gave the same, small smile and nodded. She was the first one out the door and she left without a word.
"Of course you can! We're gonna get sodas anyways!" Milly yelled out in excitement. She ran over to Jake,gave him a playful punch,and a sly smirk. Jake blushed as he knew what she was teasing him about.
"See ya guys" Milly said as she ran out the room.