Chapter 4

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺. 

Hailey woke up bright and early to mentally prepare herself for her hang out with Jake in the afternoon. He texted her that he would be picking her up and from there,they would be getting lunch. Hailey's mind was racing with a thousand thoughts. "What if I say something wrong? What should I do? What if he notices me blushing? What if something goes wrong?" were some of the thoughts racing through her mind. It was driving her insane. Zander could tell.
"Hailey relax. You don't need to stress over him" Zander said as he sat down at the kitchen table. Hailey sighed as she stared down at her chocolate chip pancakes. Zander knew pancakes was one thing that brightened her mood so he woke up early to make them for her. It was currently 9:00 am and the Sun was shining bright outside.

Birds were chirping and squirrels were running outside. The first signs of Spring. Hailey loved Spring but she felt a bundle of nervousness inside her. She was going to be hanging out with Jake alone in the afternoon and the fact that she has a crush on him didn't make things any better.
"I know I shouldn't be stressing but it's just....difficult to explain" Hailey said as she cut a piece of her pancake and started to lift it up. Zander observed his sister carefully. 

Pink cheeks? Check. Avoiding eye contact? Check. Stressing over a guy that's she's never stressed over before? Check. Overthinking? Check. That's when Zander figured it out. His sister had a crush on Jake,someone he's annoyed by. Zander sighed.
"You like him right?" Zander said as he lifted up his cup of coffee.

Hailey's eyes widen as she almost spit out her pancakes but did her best to control herself.
"How in the world did Zander figure that so easily?! Was I too obvious about it?" she asked herself as she stared at Zander. Zander looked back at her and chuckled. 

"I know the most obvious signs of when someone has a crush. You can't hide it from me that easily" he said with a sly smirk. Hailey raised an eyebrow.
"Oh really? Then how come you can't tell that Luke likes you?" Hailey asked,returning that same sly smile. Zander choked on his coffee.
"He doesn't like me! Why would he like me? Don't give me false hope" Zander said with a blush.

Hailey laughed. She loved messing around with Zander like this.
"It's not false hope but you'll see that I'm telling the truth eventually" she said as she went back to eating her pancakes. Zander pouted and blushed more. He enjoyed teasing his friends but he hated being teased himself. Hailey's phone beeped and the screen lit up with a text message showing. Zander glanced over at the screen.
"Hey Hailey,I can't wait to hang out with you later" was what the message said and it was from of course,Jake. Hailey immediately snatched her phone and glared at Zander.

"Don't peek at my phone!" she yelled out with a flustered face. Zander laughed.

"I'm your brother,I need to know what's going on with my sister" he said as he took a bite of his pancake. Hailey sighed. He had a good point. She and Zander continued eating breakfast and Zander gave her a long lecture about being careful with Jake.
"Okay mom,I'll be careful" Hailey said with a sigh when Zander finished his lecture. Zander smiled.
"Good,that's what I like to hear" he replied. Hailey and Zander looked at each other and started laughing like crazy.

After all that,Hailey gave Milly a call to get some advice from her. Zander was caring and all but he didn't offer the best advice when it came to Jake. Milly and Jake acted like siblings so Hailey thought she could get some helpful advice from her.
"Just be yourself Hailey. Jake isn't the type of guy to like super popular and dramatic girls. You can win him over by being yourself" Milly said with a bright smile. That made Hailey feel better. She knew a lot of girls admired Jake and she always had an insecurity deep down about it. She was glad to hear from a close friend that she didn't have to act anywhere near those girls. 

"What if I don't know what to say? Like how do I start a conversation or should I wait for Jake to do it?" Hailey asked with a worried face. Now this was a question she had burning in her mind. She didn't want awkward silence. Milly laughed.
"You're thinking way too much into this Hailey. Relax,it's a hangout not a date. Besides,Jake will most likely know what to talk about. You could always ask him about his passion for music just in case things get silent" Milly replied. Hailey nodded and smiled.
"Thanks for the advice Milly. This will really help" Hailey said with a more relaxed tone of voice.
"I'm glad to help! Good luck with your hangout with Jake later" Milly said with an encouraging smile. Hailey gave her a thumbs up and then they ended the FaceTime call.

So Hailey had almost everything she needed. Advice,a lecture from her brother,a bit more self confidence. That's when she realized something.
She still had to plan an outfit. Hailey immediately got off her bed and ran to closet. She looked through a ton of outfits before finding one she really liked. 

It was a white T-shirt with black stripes,a dark green jacket,dark grey shorts with black leggings under them,and white sneakers. She also chose a necklace that she had gotten from Zander for her birthday 3 years ago to go along with the outfit.
"Okay I think that's everything I needed to do to get ready" Hailey said as she laid her outfit down on her bed.

All she had to do now was wait until the time came. How would things go with Jake?

A/N: I'm so sorry for the extremely late upload! I've been really busy with school going on and such but hopefully I will be able to upload more chapters of this story ^^ 

(Also this is my year-old writing. It's a story I wrote last year so if it doesn't seem very good that's why LMAO

Hopefully I can upload my newer stories in the coming months :>)