Chapter 3

The judges had finished tallying all the scores and called the bands to meet up. Everyone was standing in excitement,many couldn't stop moving around.
"Man this is so exciting! I can't wait to see the results!" Milly yelled out as she jumped up. The other music club members smiled.
"Relax Milly,we'll hear the results in a moment" Zander said. Out of all the members,Milly had to be the most hyped up and excited. She couldn't contain her energy so she kept jumping around. Hailey looked over at Jake. He was smiling and his eyes weren't as red so that was a good sign. She hated seeing Jake so down and heartbroken. Maybe if they won,that would be able to cheer Jake up even more. Just when she was about to say something to him,the judges tapped the microphone on stage to start announcing the winners.

"Good evening everyone. We have carefully tallied and talked over the results of this competition. We will now be announcing the top three" a judge,who was a middle aged man around his late 30s said. His expression was indifferent,almost like he wasn't that interested in the competition or the results. The bands however,their expression contrasted that of the judge's as their eyes glittered with excitement and restlessness. Milly ran over and pulled her friends into a huge hug. Of course they were surprised and even Zander hugged back,but only because Luke was there. The judge cleared his throat.

"Our third place winner for this competition is The Jazz" the judge said loud and clear. A couple of people not far from the music club started cheering and ran up to receive their bronze medal. The Jazz was a band that specialized in only jazz music and they were quite good at it too. Hailey was friends with some of the members.
"Alright guys,that leaves 2nd and 1st place. I know we'll be one of those" Jake said with a confident smirk. Hailey turned around to face him. She saw confidence growing back in Jake's eyes and his smile was genuine. She couldn't help but blush and smile.
"Yeah Jake's right guys. I know we got one of those places!" Hailey said as she pumped her fist into the air. Jake looked at Hailey and his smile grew wider. That was one thing he admired about Hailey. The fact that she always motivated the group and stayed positive,even in nerve wrecking moments like this.

"Stop staring at my sister" Zander said as he gripped Jake's shoulder very tightly. Jake immediately turned around to face Zander.
"I wasn't staring at her I swear! I just zoned out!" he yelled out in panic. Zander had already threatened him before and he for sure didn't want that to happen again. The truth was that he was staring at Hailey but he didn't mean to. He just couldn't help it. Hailey blushed and walked over by Zander and Jake.
"Zander let him go. I highly doubt he was staring at me" she said with a serious voice. Zander glared at Jake but didn't let him go.
"Dude please I promise I didn't" Jake said as he tried to tug away from Zander's grip.
Damn,Zander was sure strong.

"Melody" was all they heard the judge say in that moment. They had gotten too distracted and stopped paying attention to the results. Melody must be a band that won 2nd place. Tyler and Emma,along with other band members smirked and walked up on stage like they owned the place to receive their silver medal. That means first place would be announced soon.
Luke walked over and made eye contact with Zander. That was enough to make Zander blush and let go of Jake. Luke and Zander had some sort of communication that didn't require them to use words,a simple look in the eye was sometimes enough.
"Thank you so much Luke" Jake said as he backed away from Zander.
"It's no problem Jake" Luke said with a smile as he held Zander's hand.

"And now for our first place winner of this competition. The winner with an outstanding score of a perfect 100 is.....THE MUSIC FREAKS!" The judge yelled out and this time he actually looked happy. Hailey,Zander,and Sean froze in shock. A part of them had self doubt so to hear that they got first place was a big relief to them. Jake,Luke,and Milly smiled wide and cheered. They were the more confident ones of the group and they knew they had a good chance of getting 1st place.
"Come on guys!" Milly yelled out as she grabbed everyone's hand and pulled them towards the stage.

The judges were clapping and the crowd was wild at that moment.
"THE MUSIC FREAKS THE MUSIC FREAKS" the crowd kept chanting. That moment seemed to go by like a blur for the members. Hailey walked forward and received the trophy with Jake. The judges congratulated them and the crowd started clapping like crazy. Jake looked at the entire crowd and smiled wide. This was a moment of pure happiness. The band had worked so hard over these months for the competition and now they were here,having the 1st place trophy. Jake saw some recognizable faces in the crowd. Zoey,Lia,Sadie,a couple of teachers,Liam,Henry,Drew,and..... Daisy. Jake's heart broke a bit when he saw Daisy's smiling face. He knew Daisy didn't mean to hurt him but he did like her for years.

Hailey walked over and placed her hand on Jake's shoulder.
"It's a huge achievement huh?" she asked as she smiled and raised an eyebrow. Jake smiled. He remembered Daisy's words about finding another girl. He wasn't sure when he would find one but maybe he didn't need to do it now. He wanted to spend more time with Hailey after all.
"Sure is. I finally got to pursue my passion and sing. I even managed to convince my other friends to come watch" Jake responded,keeping his smile. The crowd kept cheering even when the music club walked off the stage and the competition ended. The bright colorful lights of neon yellow,electric blue,and bright orange were enough to keep the happy mood.

"Hey Hailey" Jake said once they were backstage. Hailey and Jake were walking behind the group as the rest of the members were ahead of them,talking with pure happiness.
"Yeah what's up Jake?" Hailey asked as she faced towards Jake. She wondered what Jake had to say to her.
"Thanks for always being there for me. I really appreciate it. I was also wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow,just the two of us" Jake said as he walked closer to her. Hailey blushed.
"S-sure of course" she said as she put on a nervous smile. They continued walking to their practice room.

This was quite the experience for all the members. Jake especially had experienced a huge heartbreak but it didn't hurt as much as before because of Hailey and the win of the competition. He wasn't sure why but whenever he was around Hailey,he felt this warm feeling inside him and his cheeks turned warmer too.

What was this strange feeling?