Unconventional Date

Marinette sat uncomfortably as the whole bar started the dreaded "stare". You know, the one that pities you because your date hasn't shown up for hours? That one.

"Miss, are you sure?" The waitress whispered to Marinette.

Of course this was a usual occurrence for Marinette. Her douche of a boyfriend had stood her up. Again. They had been together for a year, was she that easy to forget?

"Ten more minutes please." Marinette pleaded with her waitress.

And for another ten minutes Marinette sat, avoiding all of the pitiful gazes being thrown at her. She fiddled with the hem of her skirt, debating if she should just give up and leave.

Marinette could see the waitress making her way back to the table, just as she grabbed her bag to leave. She sighed. Just another asshole to waste her time.

———

Adrien was having a very busy night. First all of the meetings, and now Kim's second bachelor party. After his first marriage didn't work out, he was finally trying again. It was unsurprisingly held at a bar.

"Sorry I'm so late Max, I just pulled up now." Adrien apologized.

"Ah it's okay, Kim is already drunk so I'd say it was a success." Max chuckled.

Adrien chuckled as he entered the bar. As he started looking for his party, he spotted the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. And yet she sat all alone, playing with the hem of her skirt. Adrien was starstruck. The air had been knocked out of his lungs.

"Hey Max, do you think Kim would notice if I didn't show up?" At this point Adrien had no idea what he was doing.

"No not really, you showed up to his last party so I don't think he'd notice. Why?"

"Perfect. I'm not going to be there. I'm sorry, but something came up." Adrien hung up the phone and started looking around once again.

It was happening, the looks of pity. This beautiful girl had been stood up, and even though Adrien had never met her, he wanted to beat up the asshat who did this.

Adrien's eyes widened when he saw the beauty stand up and grab her bag in defeat. He couldn't let her leave like this. Adrien made a beeline to her table and sat down.

"Sorry I was so late babe, the traffic was terrible!" Adrien spoke loudly, before whispering to the girl, "I'm Adrien, just go with it okay? Whoever didn't bother to show up is a dick." Adrien was nervous as hell that this girl would walk out on him. But that worry got put to rest when she sat back down.

"Thank you, I'm Marinette."

———

"So Marinette, I'm not completely sure what's going on but I say we get to know each other a little." Adrien smiled. This girl had only given him her first name and he was already melting.

"Oh! Um, I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And I- what do you want to know?"

"Anything you want to tell me." Adrien lifted his hand to his chin.

"Well then, I'm 23, and I'm a fashion designer. My boutique is small right now but it's finally starting to take off." Marinette nervously started fiddling with her thumbs on the table.

Cautiously, Adrien reached out and took one of her hands, "No need to be nervous." He smiled, hoping to put her at ease, "I am Adrien Agreste. I'm 24, and I also work in the line of fashion." Immediately Marinette's eyes widened.

"You mean, you were the teen model Adrien Agreste?" Marinette left her tone and volume even as she spoke, so as not to bring any unwanted attention.

"I was. I trust you won't yell that for the world to hear." Adrien chuckled.

"I promise I won't." And for the first time that night, Marinette smiled.

When Adrien saw Marinette's smile he knew he was doomed. It had been the first time he saw it and he was already in love.

"How about we go play some darts?" Adrien really hoped this would be a good way to break away the rest of the tension.

"Sure!" Marinette happily agreed.

Maybe this messed up date would be okay after all.

———

"So... do you know how to play darts?" Adrien quizzed, grabbing some for the both of them.

"Of course. What do you think I spent all my time in college doing? I-I mean other then like, studying and getting grades good, I MEAN good grades." Marinette stuttered. She was nervous. This man was kind, and gorgeous, an overall good person. Marinette had not expected her heart to flutter when he took her hand earlier, but it did. And she wasn't complaining.

Adrien chuckled, "Okay then lets do this!" He ignored her word vomit, "What do I get if I win?" He smirked.

With new found confidence Marinette replied, "Whatever you want. What do I get if I win?" Marinette smiled.

Adrien replied, "It's only fair if you get what ever you want as well, Milady."

Marinette almost choked on her spit when she heard her new nickname. Her face blew up in a heavy blush, turning away she spoke, "let's start the game. First to zero from three hundred on the dot wins."

"Ladies first." Adrien gestured.

———

With the pair both being down to around twenty the pressure was on. It was Marinette's turn and Adrien had found early in the game that she was very dedicated. The concentration was remarkable. Even when she didn't hit what she was aiming for she would make a come back. Marinette hit 1 twice and 11 once, taking her from 21 points down to an 8.

"Beat that pretty boy!" She boasted.

"Oh so you think I'm pretty?" Adrien smirked.

Marinette's face exploded in colour, leaving her face bright red, "You know that's not what I meant. I mean it's not like you aren't pretty but- BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER. Take your turn."

Adrien was more determined than ever to win now that he had Marinette admit to him being pretty. Hitting 17, 3, and 2. Bringing him to zero, on the dot.

"Well would you look at that!" Adrien smiled.

Marinette's jaw dropped, "I can't believe it! So, what do you want?" She spoke walking closer towards a very proud Adrien.

"I have a little idea, as long as you are okay with it." He smiled coyly.

"Go on."

"I want a date. A real one, where I call you and we figure out when and where we're going. And I show up half an hour early because I'm nervous and can't wait to see you." He blabbed, "So I guess what I'm asking for is your number. Assuming you had a good time with me?" He brought his hand to the back of his neck.

Marinette held out her hand, gesturing for his phone. Hurriedly he handed it to her. After she put in her information she handed it back.

"I had a great time." She smiled, "I'll be waiting for that call." She reached up and gave Adrien a light peck on the cheek.

"Good night Adrien." She smiled and walked out of the bar.

Adrien stood, dumbfounded. Already planning his proposal to this girl.