"Well, Shit."

Marinette woke up like it was any other day, 10 minutes late for work.

"Crud Tikki! I'm late again! Mr. Agreste is not going to be happy!" She raced around her small apartment getting ready for the day.

Marinette had managed to snag the job of Mr. Agreste's assistant. She helped him with designs and making them a reality, along with getting Adrien's schedule in line. This was a teenage Marinette's dream job, one that she didn't intend on losing because of her tardiness. Marinette had been handpicked out of thousands of other designing students from around the world. Mr. Agreste himself had hand-chosen her, and she could not be more grateful.

In his slightly older age, Gabriel had become softer in Marinette's opinion. Or maybe it was just that Mr. Agreste had a soft spot for her. Even with his soft spot for Marinette, Gabriel had not lifted his iron fist off of Adrien.

Adrien's schedule was more full than ever before, he had 4 photoshoots a day, 6 days a week. And on top of all that he had given Adrien a real job in his company. To train Adrien to one day take it all over.

Marinette could tell that Adrien was unhappy and she would do anything in her power to lighten his workload, whether it be taking on a little of his work, or coming in to help on her days off.

Needless to say, Marinette and Adrien had grown quite close. Marinette had managed to get over her stuttering, along with her huge crush. She had finally accepted that they were meant to ONLY be friends. She had finally believed the "She's just a friend" statement.

Just because Marinette had let go of her girlish crush on Adrien and grown-up doesn't mean she is unhappy.

When Marinette realized that she was destined to be just a friend, she started to see someone else in a whole new light. She had run to him the night she realized that she and Adrien would never amount to anything.

Flashback,

"Chat, I finally did it." Ladybug sobbed as she sat next to the blond-haired boy.

"What did you do?" chat comforted her.

"I let him go."

"Who did you let go? The boy you like?"

Ladybug silently nodded into his chest as chat rubbed her back.

"Milady, I just want you to know that I'll always be there for you."

"I know chat, I know."

They sat there looking out at Paris until it was 3 in the morning. Sitting in each other's embrace.

End of flashback

Ladybug had finally accepted Chat Noir's feelings, and it felt good.

Ladybug and Chat Noir had been dating for around a year now, and somehow, word had not gotten out to the press yet. Now, ladybug and chat noir would do their patrol together, instead of splitting up. They'd share chaste kisses and talk about anything and everything, as long as it didn't reveal their identities. And to be honest, Marinette was loving it. Marinette loved him. It had taken her a few months to formally say the words, 'I love you.' to his face, but eventually, she got there. And once she had, Chat had a full-on breakdown, sobbing and laughing at the same time. Yelling incoherent words like, 'FINALLY!' and '4 YEARS LATER BUT IT HAPPENED!'

-----------------

Marinette drove up and parked in front of the building, practically phasing out of her car door. Marinette had failed to realize that there was indeed a person in the way of the door. She crashed right into them sending them both to the concrete.

"Marinette, Damn, you have not grown out of the clumsy thing have you?" the man picked himself up before offering her a hand.

"Are you okay?" he said, pulling her up.

Marinette had not even seen the man's face before profusely apologizing. Once she saw who it was she smirked,

"Oh, it's just you." knowing that he was just here to tease her about being late again, she walked off.

"Damn Mari, I had no idea you hated me that much, I thought we were friends!" Adrien whimpered following behind her with his hand to his chest faking injury.

"You know you're one of my best friends! You also know that I can't call you my absolute best friend because Alya will kill for that title." she scoffed.

Marinette walked up to her desk grabbing Adrien's schedule,

"Here is what you have today," she said writing it down on a sticky note. "and I cut your shoots down to 3 a day this week." Marinette stuck the sticky note onto his forehead.

"Love you Mari!" Adrien yelled as he walked to his shoot.

Little did he know, she died a little bit inside every time he said that.

-------------

Ladybug and Chat Noir were fighting an Akuma for 3 hours now, they still had no idea where the Akuma was and they were exhausted.

The Akuma had managed to destroy the Eiffel tower, multiple bridges and many large buildings.

Ladybug and Chat Noir were hiding in an alley going over their plan.

"Okay, Chat you are going to distract him while I try to get the necklace off of her, that is the only logical place for the Akuma to be." ladybug stated

Once she looked up she realized that chat was totally zoned out staring at her.

"Chat! Did you even hear anything I said?"

"Huh? Oh! Yes, kinda, not really, you know you're beautiful right?" Chat stated and then kissed her and took off.

"Ugh, every damn time." ladybug muttered to herself. Then took off to take the necklace.

--------------------

After purifying the Akuma, Ladybug and Chat Noir shared their goodbyes and left to de-transform.

Once chat landed in the alley he de-transformed.

"Plagg, claws in!"

At the same time he transformed he heard another voice in front of him.

"Tikki, Spots off!"

Adrien opened his viridian eyes to be met with very confused and terrified bluebell ones.

The two sat there slack-jawed, with red cheeks, waiting for the other to say something. When Plagg spoke up.

"well, shit."