The Worst Day

Today has got to be the worst day of my life. Here's how it went:

"Marinette! You have to get up! You're late! Again!" Tikki whisper yelled.

"Ugh," I checked the time. "8:15!! Holy shit I'm late!" I screamed as I fell not so gracefully out of bed.

I rushed around my room, grabbed my stuff and was on my way. The whole time I was running I was hoping that I wouldn't run into Adrien. Not because he's the 'supposed' hottest guy in the school, but because of all the endless flirting. 'For some reason he can't get it into his thick skull that I don't like him.'

Of course, being the person I am, I ran straight into him. Only to fall backwards into a puddle.

"Ugh, great." I scoffed.

"Need some help there princess." He smirked.

"Not from you." I scowled. And stood up on my own.

"Mari, why can't you just accept my help for once! You seem to get help from Chat Noir a lot." He pouted.

Of course he had to bring him up. Chat is my long time crush, and partner in fighting crime.

"I got help from him once because he was the closest person to me." I sighed, fighting hard to keep a blush off my face.

"So if I had been there you would've asked me?"

"No." And with that I continued to walk to school, Adrien trailing behind trying really cheesy pick up lines.

When I got to class it only got worse.

"Dupain-Cheng! Get the hell away from my Adrikins!"

Of course, Chloe Bourgeois. The daughter of the mayor, and one of my worst nightmares.

As soon as those words came out of her lips Adrien gave me the puppy eyes, so that I wouldn't hand him over to the wicked witch.

"Take him, he's all yours."

As I walked away I saw the fearful expression on his face and smiled.

After classes, Adrien and me got into a fight outside the school. Adrien swore that he would make me fall in love with him buy the end of the school year.

"You can't resist me for that long bugaboo, I know you love me." He smirked trying to get closer to me.

By now there was a large group of kids surrounding us trying to listen to our yelling.

"Pfft, yeah right, if any thing you're in love with me!"

"I wouldn't say 'in love' but I won't deny that I like you."

"You're bluffing, you just like me because I don't faint every time I see you!"

"Let's make a bet then. If I get you to kiss me, like really kiss me, by the end of the year, you have to be my girlfriend, for at least 3 months." He smirked.

Dammit. He knew me to well, I never back down from a good bet.

"But if I win, you have to leave me alone for the rest of high school. No flirting, no nicknames, nothing."

He thought about it for a minute. Then he stepped forward.

"Deal Princess."

And we shook on it.

"It's not gonna be as easy as you think Milady, I'm stepping up my game." He whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry, I am too." And with that, I sauntered off to go home.

Once I got home I had realized what a huge mistake I had made. For sure he'll find some convoluted way to get me to kiss him.

"Tikki this must be the biggest mistake of my life! I mean I know that I love Chat, but what the hell is going to happen now?! He's gonna bug me all frickin' year." I pouted

"Oh Marinette, I'm sure it'll be fine! Besides, it's not like he's not cute or something..." She giggled.

I groaned and fell face-first onto my bed. Dreading tomorrow.

This is the first of hopefully many more one-shots. I have no idea when the next one will be done. Probably when I get a good idea, though that could be years.

~Unlucky Chat