➝ life overview

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

EARLY LIFE

EARLY LIFE

Monse Hurit Clearwater was born on April 11th, 2003 in Penobscot County, Maine on the Penobscot Native American Reservation. Her parents are Cashesegra and Elsie Clearwater.

Monse's father was born and raised on the Penobscot Reservation. Monse's mother is from South Carolina and is a first generation immigrant, as her family was originally from Haiti.

Cashesegra Clearwater had a childhood friend named John Routledge, who goes by Big John. The two remained closed over the years despite Big John moving to South Carolina in adulthood. The Clearwater's would frequently visit the Routledges down south.

The Clearwater's moved from Maine to South Carolina when Monse was 7 years old. They went to take care of Monse's grandfather, as he was dying of lung cancer. After he passed away, the Clearwaters decided to stay in the Outer Banks for career opportunities.

Elsie took over the family surf shop with her mother (and Monse's grandmother), Islande Emmanuel. Cashesegra and Big John started their hunt for the Royal Merchant.

Monse has been best friends with Big John's son, John B, since childhood. Before her family moved to Kildare, Monse would spend time with John B when visiting the island. After she moved, their relationship only grew stronger.

John B's father is Monse's godfather, and Monse's parents are John B's godparents.

Less than a year after moving to South Carolina, Monse met JJ Maybank. She hated him, mostly because she was jealous of him and John B's friendship, but also because she a crush on him. The feelings of hatred went away with time, but the little crush never disappeared completely.

Years passed and her friend group grew in size, adding Pope Heyward and Kiara Carrera. After Kiara's "kook year," Monse was the first to forgive her.

Monse attends Kildare County High School, where she plays volleyball as one of her extracurriculars. Her other sport, and her favorite, is surfing. Monse has been entering surf competitions since she was a child and is considered one of the best surfers on Kildare Island.

The summer before their junior year, Cashesegra and Big John were making advancements in their treasure hunt, but the high didn't last long. Cashesegra was convicted of murder, which he pled guilty to, and Big John dissipated at sea a few months later. Monse's dad sends her letters from prison, but she refuses to read any of them.

Monse's story begins when her and her friends stumble upon a sunken ship after a hurricane.