➝ life overview

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

・✫・゜・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

EARLY LIFE

EARLY LIFE

Cristian Jayron Hernandez was born on November 18th, 2004 in the Bronx, New York City, New York. His parents are Sergio Hernandez and Farah Delavigne (née Salmani)

Cristian's father was born in Reynosa, Mexico and later immigrated to the United States, specifically the Bronx, New York, when he was a child. Cristian's mother was born and raised in New York City to an immigrant family of an Italian mother and Iranian father.

Cristian was born out of wedlock. By his first birthday, his parents had officially split up and went forward with co-parenting. For a long time, the family dynamic was healthy and fair.

From a young age, Cristian was "difficult" to work with. He often had emotional outbursts, displayed hyperactivity, and struggled to learn as quickly as other kids his age. At six-years-old, he was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD) and began treating it with medication. He was also diagnosed with Dyscalculia, a learning disability that results in difficulty comprehending arithmetic.

Cristian started getting into sports in middle school. Since seventh grade, he has participated in track & field, cross country, and basketball. He even took dance lessons for a few years. Cristian and his parents believe that sports help to keep him on track academically, as well as release some tension and hyperactivity.

As he grew older, Cristian's outbursts only became more frequent and worse. At the age of twelve, his parents tried therapy. He was additionally diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and later Bipolar II Disorder. He started medications for these disorders as well.

Eventually, Cristian had enough off all his medications and wanted to stop taking them. By the time he entered seventh grade, Cristian was allowed to go off his meds.

For a while, Cristian had felt better without medications, but the high didn't last long. He started drinking and smoking marijuana to combat his escalating mental health and education problems, which later drove him to try amphetamines and opioids.

By Freshman year, Cristian was addicted to drugs, mainly opioids. He had what he called a "healthy balance" that kept his drug use a secret from his parents, until his mother remarried. Resenting the new part of his life with the wealthy Delavigne family, Cristian made the choice to live with his father full-time.

Around this time, he "lost" his virginity to a girl named Marley Becker while they were both high at a party. Cristian started a friends-with-benefits relationship with the girl. Marley is the closest thing Cristian has to a friend and sometimes supplies him with weed and alcohol.

After this, Cristian began to rely on drugs even more and started to break his "healthy balance." Towards the end of his freshman year, Cristian had overdosed.

His parents sent him to rehab for the summer, and he really tried at first. But during this time, his parents renegotiated the terms of their co-parenting: Cristian was to live with his mother and step-family full-time, with only occasional visits with his father on weekends. This news made Cristian upset, and he began to lose interest in regaining his sobriety.

Now, Cristian has returned from rehab and is (somewhat) trying to stay on his path to sobriety, but his new life is proving to be difficult.

With private schools, new friends, and an anonymous online presence waiting to share all his secrets with the world, Cristian isn't sure he wants to stay sober through all the drama.