{Chapter 6} .Helping.

'You'll never amount to anything Johnny boy, ya hear? You'll never be half the man I am. You'll never be the guy dad is. You're a whore and a slut and-'

John wakes up with an angered scream, sitting straight up in bed. When he realizes where he is he pants gently, and gets up. He can hear footsteps, they sound like RJs. Lucky for him, he was right.

RJ runs into the room, and looks at John with a worried look. "You alright Bud?" He says softly. John nods softly.

"Sorry... Dreams.." He apologizes weakly. RJ nods and goes to leave but John stops him. "Uhm.. You got Nicks number..?"

--

Nick didn't really sleep that much. Instead he went out to the store and bought one single notebook and headed home. He grabbed his laptop and sat at his kitchen table. He was committed to leaning about drug addictions, and he was committed to have Hancock rely on him for anything. Except for drugs, naturally. 

Nick really didn't care about Weed, but he didn't want to lose someone, even if they just met, over the hardcore drugs. He stood up and made himself a cup of coffee, and looked at his phone. It was an unknown number so he ignored it, but brought his phone over to the table with him. 

5minutes passes and that same number calls again. He looks at the time, seeing it's 3am. 'who would call at 3am..' He thinks. He picks up his phone and answers with a soft "hello?" 

a sigh can be heard as well as a bit of panting. "Nicky its.. It's me, John.." 

John. Why would he be calling?

Before he could say anything, John continues, "I'm.. I.. Look.. I need someone right now..I'm sorry if I woke you up but.. Can i.. Can I uhm.."

"Come over?" Nick finishes for him. When John murmurs a soft 'yeah' Nick feels his heart skip a beat. "Sure I'll uh, I'll text you the address alright?" 

 John just mutters another agreement word, and hangs up. Nick sends him his locations and waits, putting away his laptop and notebook. 

---

When Nick opens his door he sees a tired John standing there, his hair down and looking.. Dirty, he might need a shower. He has bags under his eyes, his cheeks looked tearsoaked, and he has a duffle bag with him. Nicks heart broke at the sight. "C'mere John.." He mutters quietly as he opens his arms.

John's eyes tear up, and he quickly stumbles forward and hugs Nick tightly. 

Nick hugs back, holding John to him. His hands rubbing soft circles Into his back. John relaxes a bit and then he steps back and look around. "Nice place Nicky.."

Nick smiles softly and looks at the duffle bag. "Mind if I ask about that.? " 

"Oh.." 

Theres a pause, like John is trying to see what to say. Nick waits patiently, looking at John. Like really looking.

He sees how Johns hair curls around his ears, even if he does need a shower, his hair looks.. Beautiful. He can see tiny freckles around johns checks and nose, how badly he wants to count them and kiss them. Fuck..

He snaps back into reality from John tugging at his shirt like a scared child. Cute..

 "You seemed zoned out.. You alright?" John speaks softly which is different from his usual voice of being loud and upbeat. 

 "Yea sorry.. I was.. Just thinking about the different possibilities for the bag.." 

" Well.. I uhm.. I need someone to watch over me.. That sounds childish and stupid but please..? I want to change and try and be better.. I.. Would've been with RJ or Deacon but.. With them dating and also being small drug dealers it would be difficult since I know they would have some for me..

"And.. I trust you.. So please go through this bag and take out any drug your uncomfortable with and if there are blades in there.. Take them out please.. I had RJ pack it so he probably put one or two things in there that shouldn't be there.." 

Nick nodded and complied. He took the duffle bag and out it on the couch and started to go through it, John watched quietly as he sat on the floor. 

First, Nick emptied out the clothes. He gently smiled at this, because he loved how John had a strict rule --so it would seem-- to only carry Black shirts with matching pants. It was cool, and since Nick only had a few strict colours in his closet, black would be a nice change. He also pulled out a few chains that seemed to hook onto the pants. Nick had seen John wear these a few times, but he also knew John didn't like that to have them if he was using his skateboard. 

Next, Nick rummaged through carefully and got out all the drugs. 4small bags of coke, and one bag of weed that looked like it could last a while. As for the coke.. Not so much. 

"Only 4bags.. Jesus RJ.. He knows that would be gone within 3days" John muttered and Nick have him a concerned look. John caught his eye and looked away. "Not that I would need to if I'm quitting.. but.. I do coke alot.. I can handle alot really..." 

Nick nodded. "I'm not judging.. Everyone needs a vice from this world.. Mines alcohol, though I'm not an alcoholic, I can enjoy alcohol until I'm drunk on a shitty day. As a 'thank you fucker, for making this day end with my face in a toilet'"

That made John giggle softly and he gave a real smile, a soft smile, but a smile nonetheless. Nick smiles to himself and goes back to work through the bag. 

FInally, he pulls out razors. 6to be exact. Nick can hear John cover his face. Nick looks at him and then away and he tosses the blades in the trash. "What should I do with.. With the coke.?" He asked softly, looking at John.

"Throw it out.." He mutters. Nick nods and also throws away the coke bags. Then he puts the clothes back I to the bag, and the weed, and hands it back to john. "You can smoke cigs and weed.. But anything besides that is prohibited. You can also drink, but only with me.. okay.?"

John nods. "Promise I won't bring anything in the house im not allowed to.. " he stands with a soft smile. 

"Now.. If you don't mind. Cause I don't, we'll have to share a bed.." Nick said, flushing softly with shyness. 

 "Don't mind.. Just.. Can you hold me.?"

 " Of course John.. " 

---

After John went into the bathroom to shower, Nick strips of his clothes and changes into something more comfy to sleep in. He lays in bed with a sigh and looks at the ceiling. He zones out, thinking of nothing but John.

God.. He adores this man..

---

Nick wakes up from his bed shifting. John had rolled over so he was facing Nick. Nick slowly opens his eyes and look over John. From here, he can see those cute freckles. And he'd be lying to himself if he said he didn't love how cute they looked. He shifted carefully and pressed a soft kiss on Johns nose. John stirred, but he didn't wake. Nick smiles to himself and slowly got up and started a shower. He started to unbutton his shirt, but he realized he forgot a towel so he walked out the bathroom but skidded to a stop, seeing John was wide awake and sitting up. 

John looked at him and grinned softly. "Oh hi there, fucking hell, you work out?"

" sometimes yea,, wanna shower? Before or after me?? "

John pouted. "We can't shower together?" Then he grinned and giggles at Nicks blush. "I'll wait until after, and I'll stay right here playing in my phone"

Nick nodded, grabbed a towel and went back into the bathroom, closing the door after him. 

---

(End of chapter notes:

1) 1350 words!

2) things only get spicier from here folks😎

3)comments and votes mean alot!💕