Author's Note and Reflection

So I'm done with this story. I considered making a sequel, but what would I say? The storyline from the actual book ended a long time ago. The characters deserve a rest.

This book was never edited, I never looked back on chapters after I finished them, so its a bit rough. The chapters were also conceptualized as I wrote them. That being said, I like to think the plot came together quite nicely.

Dally is an interesting character, because in the book we kind of know he's doomed. The point is that he doesn't really have human emotions, and can't grow, so he burns bright and dies a fiery early death. I don't think I did the best job of capturing Dallas Winston's character, but the character bearing his name in this story is interesting nonetheless.

Estelle Parker, or Babydoll, is a complex character. She too was broken throughout her life, but instead of being emotionless like Dally, she puts on a front and pretends like she's perfectly fine. But she too struggles with knowing emotions and how to handle them. She has to learn how to be a person, but she has to learn how to be her true self, because throughout her life, she never really got to be her authentic self. I think my concept for the character was different from how she was written, she was a real patsy there at the end.

Overall, I think the concept for this story was fine, execution not so good.

But hey, if you stuck around, thanks for enjoying my work. I would quite like reviews, I want to grow as a writer, but I also just want to know what y'all thought of this.

And if anyone would want, like, one shots with the characters, I would be open to writing them. Just drop me a comment if that would be something you'd read. Or comment suggestions of scenarios and stuff.

(Also, if there's any mistakes you noticed, it would be cool if you left a comment so I can fix it if I go back and edit, thanks!)

Thanks for sticking around, stay gold <3