Chapter Eight - Awry

We rode off and half way we changed carriages. I had to sit on Papa's lap because there was no more room.

"Remember Phillippe. Nobility is born in the heart." Aramis stated

"Make love as if you don't care. Fart when you wish." Parthos continued

"Hold your goblet with two fingers, let it sit in the middle of your fingertips." I pointed at him

"All you have to do is get through tonight, smile and nod a lot. If you get stuck just say continue." Papa added

"Then tomorrow order that Athos, Porthos and Aramis be  brought to the palace as your advisors. All will be well." Aramis assured

--------------

I was dancing with Aramis during the ball. We parted off to the side hiding behind a display. We pulled our masks away.

"Thank you for letting me in on the fun. I would have hated to have missed this." I smirk then look past him "D'Artagnan is watching everything, We will need to be beyond lucky."

"We will make our own luck tonight, if Phillipe holds up." we hid the Iron masks behind our normal ones. Then went back to dance. Louis and his go too mistress joined the dancing. I danced around and when I caught his eye i showed him the  iron one then put my normal one back dancing away. I did this a couple more times as did Papa, Aramis and Parthos. It drove him mad that he walked out.

"To the passage way" Aramis stated and we all ran off. We made our way to Louis' rooms. He looked up as we stood over him.

"It's judgement day." Aramis knocked him out.

"Alright help me change him." we got to word and changed our own out of the ball costumes to revel our actual clothing underneath. I was in pants, trousers and a waist coat with my hair at the side. I then moved to her Philipe with the final touches as Louis came round.

"Don't look so shocked. Phillipe." Papa told Louis

"Philipe, what do you call me Phillippe?" Parthos gagged him

"We have a prison for you." Louis began to struggle  then nodded him. I smoothed out his clothing.

"There, very handsome." I whisper making him smile

"D'Artangan guards the hallway!" Aramis whisper yells "We must go back the way we came."

"Time to go your majesty." Papa stated Phillippe took my hand nervously as we made our way back through. It was just the three of us. He left go and adjusted his costume

"You know the way." he nodded breathing heavily he embraced Papa who returned it. They pulled away. I reached up and kissed his cheek.

"For luck."

"Thank you." He walked out and we watched him go. The two of us peeked out into the corridor.

"You have the heart of a king." Papa commented "Let's go." We closed the door and headed back into the passageways and into the Kings rooms.

"Hurry up, let's go." I whisper "Come on asshole" Papa and I lifted a struggling Louis up and into the passageways. We hurry through to our escape, a boat waiting for us. We were so close.

"They've raised the alarm!" Porthos shouted

"They'll try to cut us off. We're so close." I breath. Aramis shouted something to Porthos then hit Louis over the head and shove him onto the boat. I take out my sword, as more musketeers.

"Ready?" Papa asks me and I not brushing my hair out of my face. I run head first bringing my sword down on the soldier and surprising then. I twist then and kick them into the water. I start fighting more as the come wounding them.

"I am Porthos! And I fight the King!" I shook my head swinging my leg around and knocking out the musketeer. I help Papa out.

"In the boat! Now!" I jump in and pick up a paddled after sheathing my sword. I start paddling

"Stop them! Before they reach the river!" Com on, come on. The gate drops down and the boat hits it making me jerk forward. The boat is bulled to the side and we're surrounded, either way I removed my sword once more. D'Aratangan walks out. He stares for a moment at each of us before gesturing. Philipe comes forward.

"Pull them back!" Papa yelled grabbing Louis and holding a knife to his neck

"This man is an imposter." d'Artagnan states

"This is the imposter." Papa seethes "Pull them back!" he ordered. d'artangan makes them do so.

"In the boat you majesty." Philipe joins us "Open the gate." he yanks Louis back and holds the blade together.

"Open the gate!" Papa yells

"Open the gate." D'artangan gives in. Philipe grabs my hand and I look at him.

"I'm sorry I failed you."

"We failed you." Papa captures my attention. The gate begins to open and we're almost free.

"Stop!" i gasp as D'Aragnan holds his sword to my throat "You take my King, I take your Princess." he threatens my life

"Don't listen to him!" I shout "He wouldn't dare." I turn my head slowly to look at Papa, I could see his resolve weakening.

"Don't do it Papa, please." papa reach out and moves the sword away from my throat shoving louis back. We start fighting again as Aramis and Porthos start paddling. Papa grabs onto Phillippe as the try to pull him back.

"Phillippe! No!" I scream dropping my sword to try and help Papa, but it's too late he's been pulled off the boat and onto the side

"Athos! Belle! Athos! Belle!" I held my arm out helplessly as we sailed away.

"Shit!" I screamed