Chapter Eleven - The Future

200+ years later

-3rd Person-

A young woman in her mid twenties stood before a class of High school children, speaking adamantly about King Louis the fourteenth. The teenagers who did care much more for history hung onto every word of the story she told.

"So did he marry her? Louis or Phillipe whatever you call him?" A teenage girl wondered raising her hand.

" Yes. Louis married Isabelle Countess de la Fere the only living daughter and child to former Musketeer Athos. Now please remember the tale of the man in the Iron mask is just that...a tale, well a tale to most people. There have been many theories as to who the prisoner was, this is the most famous and popular one." Madame Blance answered the question.

"But you said you knew this to be a fact that you know someone who was there." another student spoke up.

"That's right. One of my ancestors was a musketeer, one of his journals survives to this day with someone in my family." she replied

"What was their name?" Madame Blance smiled slightly

"Parthos, and yes as in the Parthos. He was know to be quite the ladies man of his time but eventually he had a child who then carried on the line leading to me.  Though you will never have the truth from the French government or former family." She shrugged. The bell rang signalling the end of class and the students packed up.

"Okay I would like a two page essay on the marriage of Louis and Belle and how you think it influenced France we know today!" she called out and prepared herself for her next class she went to dig through her bag and inside it was a old leather bound journal. She paused for a moment before shuffling past it and bring out notes for the next lesson. Within the next five minutes more students not that bothered to learn sat themselves in the seats Madame Blanche gave a airy smile.

"Good Morning, today we'll be learning about Louis the fourteenth and his Queen Isabelle.