I Saved Lucius: Chapter 1

I Saved Lucius.

Chapter 1: The kid.

It was a windy and cloudy morning, everyone was outside going to work with jackets, hats, gloves and boots. Weird that the weather is that way when the day before the weather broadcast said that it was going to be a sunny day. But that horrible weather wasn't going to stop anyone from going to work and getting their check, yes it was the day that almost everyone got their check so that meant that all the banks were busy. Maria, a woman of 21 years old, with hazel eyes and white skin, her hair was short till her jaw, she had black dark hair, she was normal height, she was also ready to get her check and go to the bank early. Maria had a necklace of a cross, is not that she was religious she did believed in God but she wasn't a person who was a fan, yes she prays when she is in need and she prays when things go well but thats about it. So why the cross? It was a gift from her grandmother so she decided to wear it even though she gets a lot of grief from people asking her if she is a religious freak.

Maria walked in to the bank and for her surprise the bank was empty.

"Thank God." Maria said and walked to one of the cashiers to get her check changed into money.

"Have a nice day." The cashier said as she gave the money to Maria.

"Thanks."

Maria walked to the doors to exit the bank when she saw that it was raining, raining as if there was a storm. Suddenly a wave of people entered the bank to the could avoid the rain. Maria decided to stayed in the bank until the weather cleared up.

"Im going to be late for work." Maria thought as she looked outside the glass door.

It was raining a lot that the other side of the street couldn't be seen. The lights of the bank started flickering, Maria looked at the lights while the other people just wined about the weather and saying that they were going to be late for work. Moments later the power went off, the workers of the bank were trying to do their best to get the power back but the electric plant wasn't working at all. Some people understood but some other people got mad.

"I need my money right now!" A man yelled to one of the cashiers.

"Sir we don't have system right now because the power went off you are going to have to wait as the other people." The cashier said trying to be polite and avoid any arguments.

Maria rolled her eyes annoyed at the ignorance of some people, she then stayed looking at the street that it was difficult to see because of the rain, she then manage to see a little figure walking in the middle of the street, the figure stopped and then turned to look at the bank. Maria kept on looking and then she realized that it was a little kid. Maria ran outside to tell the kid to go to the bank because of the rain cause he could get sick. As Maria stepped out of the bank a strong wind almost made her fly back to the bank but she manage to stay put.

"Hey kid! You're going to get sick! Go to the bank! Get out off the street a car can murder you!" Maria yelled.

The kid just stood in the middle of the street not moving just looking at her. The kid looked as if he was at least ten years old.

"Where are your parents?" Maria asked but didn't get a respond.

As Maria began to walk to the middle of the street towards the kid as she took the first step she heard a high pitch scream but the scream wasn't from a woman the scream was from a men, one of those high pitch screams that are heard when someone is out of their mind. Maria looked to where the scream was from and when she looked she saw an elder men running towards her, she didn't have anytime to move so the men pushed her making her hit the ground, the men then ran towards the kid. The men looked crazy, he's eyes looked as if they were gonna pop out of his face, his hair was white and his face had a scar from the right of his forehead to his left of his shin. Maria stood up.

"What the hell?!" She yelled at the men.

The men began to yelled at the kid.

"You are the devil! I know that you murder those people with your diabolical powers! Go to hell!"

As the men kept yelling the kid just looked at him with no fear whatsoever. The men then took a knife and lifted his hand up. Maria saw this and she automatically ran towards the kid, just when the men was going to stab the kid Maria stood in the middle, raise her arm to cover her face and then she was stabbed in the arm.

"Shit!" Maria yelled and she hold on to her arm.

She then saw how to rain on her arms got mixed with her blood, she saw how the blood dropped on the concrete of the street and for a moment she felt dizzy and was about to faint just when she heard a trucks horn, she looked to see two huge headlights from a truck driving her way but this time Maria did have time to move, Maria carried the kid and ran out of the trucks way, she manage to get to the other side of the street, when she turned around and the truck already passed by. She forgot all about the knife on her arm and that she was carrying a kid, she then remember the knife on her arm and that she was carrying the kid because the kid hold on to the arm where she was stabbed and squish her arm making her look at the kid. The kid didn't even had a scare look on his face he was just starting at her. Maria looked at the street and then notice that the rain has stopped and the sun was out. And thats when Maria could see the street clearly, the old men was in the middle of the street with his arms and legs twisted and his arms and leg bones were broken and popping out of his skin, his neck was broken as well, and his eyes still looked as if they were going to pop out of his face. Maria stood there in shock she thought that the old men maybe jumped out of the way of the truck but he didn't. Maria put the kid on the ground and she sat down on the ground. She was in shock and scared while the kid didn't even reacted. Moments later the police and ambulance arrived to the scene, the ambulance took Maria to the hospital while the police took the kid. Hours later the police went to the hospital to ask a few questions to Maria.

"Do you know that kid?" The police officer asked.

"No. I talked to him because he was in the middle of the street." Maria said.

"The kid wont talk so did the old men said anything before he was ran over?"

"He said 'You are the devil! I know that you murder those people with your diabolical powers! Go to hell!' And then he had a knife and tried to murder the kid."

"For sure that old men was crazy." The police said looking at a tray full of cotton with blood from the scar that Maria had on her arm from the knife.

"Crazy or not that was a horrible way for him to die." Maria said.

"I agree. Well the kid apparently doesn't have any family or relatives. And even though the kid is quite he wished to speak to you." The police said.

"Okay I'll talk to him."

Moments later the kid walked in and the police left. There was a moment of silence.

"Are you okay? Im sorry you had to watch that horrible death." Maria said but the kid didn't replied.

Maria tried to ask what happen to his parents or were was he from but the kid never answered.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" Maria asked.

The kid looked at her.

"My name is Maria. Whats your name?" Maria said.

The kid didn't say anything he just walked to a window and looked outside to the streets and buildings.

"Lucius."

Maria looked at the kid.

"My name is Lucius."

To be continue...