3. Let him

——POV AKIRA——

"What happened?"

Dylan stepped forward. "We found him hanging around the outskirts of the red district carrying dragon fruit."

Dragon fruit is a new kind of drugs that recently got out in the streets. A pink pill, it's a one of a kind and above all, deadly addictive drug. No one knows its source. But not any freelance drug dealer can get his hands on it. So how did a kid like him...

"Some of our men found him and asked some questions, but the kid said he didn't know and was just walking a shift for a friend. So they tried to bring him here for further questioning. It's just..."

Dylan went quite at his last words. Dylan, who is known for not having a filter even towards me. I looked around and the guards all had the same expression as Dylan.

"It's just what?" I asked again, getting slightly annoyed at why he couldn't just say everything at once. Seemed like Dylan understood what I meant. He quickly started talking again.

"The kid refused and so the guards tried to use force. But. Ummm. He escaped. So they called tommy for back up I was five minutes away so I joined them. And after a few hours of searching we were finally able to get him here. But. 'Cough' the, Umm, the kid stole our guns and jumped out of the car. We had to get everyone to finally bring him down. He somehow found a way into the backyard so it took a while to find him. Otherwise we would've catched him earlier." Dylan was looking down. His face flushed red from embarrassment. And he should be.

I lightly frowned after hearing Dylan's story. He was ashamed to even look me in the eyes. "You mean to tell me, that highly trained soldiers and killers had to chase a kid for hours and would've probably lost to him if he didn't hit my car?" I said in my calmest voice possible, but I was still growling. I tried to control my anger as much as possible. And finally took a good look at the kid who escaped over half of my men and still managed to live.

He was a teen, probably still in high school. Honey colored eyes. Fair skin for a boy. Bleached hair with outgrown black locks peeking out from his head. And earrings in both ears.

He was wearing a simple black jeans with a no name band tee and a green jacket. His clothes where worn out, dirty and covered in blood. He was obviously from the slums. There are a lot of  poor family's out there who send their kids to make money, most of them are orphans who work for some dirty bastards. But none of them should have the ability to get their hands on dragon fruit.

He was still staring at me. His big eyes were glinstering in de moonlight. No one said anything. I put my hands in my pockets and kept watching him. But he didn't flinch. He just kept gazing into my eyes. His mouth wide open. His cheeks were slowly but surely flushing a shade of pink.

I didn't know what came over me. Maybe it was because I was so tired. But for the first time ever, I couldn't set myself to shoot someone. "Let him go." I said, as I casually walked back towards the car.

"B-but." Dylan may not think before talking, but he always follows my orders. No matter what. But I guess even he can't understand why I let him go.

I ignore the rambling of my right hand man Dylan and slowly made my way to the car. I stoped at the cars door. Looking back at the kid.

The guards had let go of him. He shrunk down lightly hitting the ground. But didn't move from his spot. And with his butt planted on the ground, he was staring at me.

"What is it?" Dylan asked the boy annoyed. "Do you not want to go? Get out of here before boss changes his mind." He growled.

"Huh. Yes thank you!" He crawled back up and bowed down as far as he could.

Just as I planned to get in the car he talked again. "Umm. Can I have my bag back?"

My eyes went wide. This kid...

Dylan, "You little bastard! Are you-"

"Give it to him." I said as I cut Dylan off.

"Are you really gonna let him go?" Dylan asked.

"You heard him, didn't you. He was working a shift for his friend, right?" I shot a side way glance to the boy. He was still holding his side. His hand was slightly trembling. Not from pain, he was scared. Maybe even terrified. But even in this state he asked for the drugs. It must be important for him.

A kid from the slums. I can't even imagine what would happen to him if his boss finds out he lost all that. Society doesn't care if a kid like him ends up dead in some hole. And what use do I have for that little bit of drugs.

"What does that little bit of drugs matter to us anyway. We've got plenty on our hands. We can't afford to deal with his dead body to."

Dylan didn't say any more. A guard gave the kid the backpack. "O and sorry for you car." He mumbled and without a second thought he walked away. My eyes fell on the for most car. There was a big dent where the kid hit the car. I took one more look at him. He was limping slightly. He could've just ran, but was leisurely walking like it's his own backyard. I scoffed and got back in the car while the guards made way.

What an interesting kid.