.neighbourly visits.

This should be great, I should be the happiest girl alive right now, I'm living the life and yet I breathe under my breath I hate my life any chance I get.

 Obviously, I'm exaggerating but you would think I'd be more excited than stressed out wondering If I made a mistake, I'm a "model" I get to make money to be in pictures that should make me happy right? wrong.

 It makes Mother happy, I'd rather be the one taking the pictures but god forbid I waste my life away with photography even if it is just a silly hobby as mother told me. 

And though I might not get along with Mother completely I still try to make her proud, I still try to get those comments of validation, to hear "im proud of you Blake". 

So maybe that's why I said yes to Riley, my best friend since forever. I said yes because of her, she only wants the best for me and that's exactly what Riley's perfect reputation makes him out to be, The best.

"Im going out with the hottest guy, the friggin quarterback I think, for christ's sake and im regretting my decision already," I say to Iris through the phone, "what is wrong with me any girl would die to be with him. he's all the school talks about, well him and Zeke"

I pause "Ugh Zeke" iris interrupts "he's so mysterious and hot I would pay him money to fuck me, oh my god when he lit that cig in science I wanted to jump his bones" Iris breaths,

I stop pacing in my room to see Zeke, he opens up his window sneaking out then quietly closing it and grips onto the roof letting himself extend his arms and then jumps off, he walks his bike further away from the house then starts it and leaves, "the fifth night in a row... gone" I mumble into the phone, "Where do you think he goes, sneaky link?" Iris says amused, "doesn't seem like him" I mumble.

"And you know what does? sorry babe but he's an empty book nobody knows anything" She thinks "but if I can't get him I'll get his sister damn the things id do-" "Iris shut up you're gross" "Sorry forgot about your VIRGIN ears, Jesus you're so stuck up you need to be railed" "I'm hanging up" I say annoyed "Love you too-" She says before I cut the line.

I turn to my wall looking at the many photos I've taken over the years, they mostly consist of nature, people and special places. My eyes gaze at the photo of Aiden and Sophia laughing in a booth at a cafe, to have what they have. 

I then look at the photo I took of Iris at the beach, where she's smiling big, with Riley under one arm and a shot in her other, I look closer at Riley to see his distressed features as he looks at the drunk Iris.

I then look over at the photo that Iris took of Riley and me as I give an annoyed look at the camera while Riley stares at me with a look, that look. I could never understand that look, or whether I knew exactly what it meant and I chose to ignore it, nevertheless that look scared the shit outta me.

+++

Late-night showers, one of my favourite things, when Mother isn't nagging at me and Father isn't trying to stop mothers nagging causing an argument. 

The only time to myself alone. I turn off the shower and grab a soft white towel that's hanging on the small rack and wrap it around my body and tuck it in.

 I step out of the shower grabbing another small towel using it to pat my hair dry and stepping out of the washroom into my dark room.

As I'm about to turn on the lights I hear my window shut followed by heavy breathing, I start mentally freaking out wondering if I should just leave my room and start running, against that thought I tiptoe quietly to the side of my room and flick on the light, I slowly turn around to see a boy, more specifically Zeke on the floor leaning on my window