Chapter Eight

(Third Person View: in the dark ass forest)

The air around Hazel and Nancy was thick with heat, white flurries still flew around the two of them. Their feet hit the gooey ground as they ran away from the Demogorgon that had been chasing them.

Hazel stopped for a second to take a breath, she rested her hand on a tree; but regretted it once the sticky substance found its way onto the palms of her hands.

She jumped back and wiped the goop on her jean jacket. 'Hope that doesn't stain,' she thought, shivering from the feeling. Nancy's eyes darted back and forth as she waited for Hazel to finish taking a break.

"Jonathan! Jonathan!" she yelled, swallowing the lump in her throat. Meanwhile, their friend was rushing around the forest as he heard his name being called.

"Nancy! Hazel!" he yelled as his eyes shifted from one direction to the other. Nancy Wheeler turned her head around and grabbed Hazel's hand once she caught sight of the creature's growl's inching closer to them every second that passed. Hazel winced as her feet almost sunk into the damp goop of the flooring.

"Jonathan!" they yelled, "Jonathan!" The two of them just wished they could find a way out, but the Upside Down was just full of twists and turns that would eventually lead to nothing.

Hazel would've used her flashlight, but it gave out instantly when they entered this new dimension that had captured Will Byers and Stella Buckley.

A snarl sounded from behind Hazel and Nancy as they continued to venture through this abnormal world. Once they realized that the creature was no longer on their tail they continued to look around for their friend, hearing Jonathan's voice advancing towards where they were.

"Any ideas?" Hazel asked, their backs now pressed up against one another. Hazel could feel Nancy shake her head as a response.

She reached for her BB gun, but soon realized she must've set it beside the backpack she wore when she slipped it off before setting foot into the Upside Down. "I told you that this was a bad idea," Hazel muttered.

"Haze, now is not the time for sarcastic remarks," Nancy replied, her ponytail hitting her friend in the back of her head as she spun around at the slight sound of a growl. "Sorry, it's how I cope," Hazel replied.

The two of them fell into silence, listening for Jonathan's voice or the Demogorgon. Whatever this thing was, it wasn't friendly and the two girls weren't wanting to get to know the creature any further than they already had.

Fortunately, they knew what this thing looked like; which could help them kill it in the long run. Nancy turned around - her back still pressed against Hazel's - and soon saw the familiar sight of the creatures figure appear in the shadows a few trees down.

Without hesitation, Mike's older sister grasped Hazel's and pulled her with her. Hazel would've called Jonathan's name again, but she feared the Demogorgon would use that is its advantage.

Nancy let out a scream as the creature's growls got closer to them. "This way!" Hazel yelled, bringing Nancy with her. "Guys, follow my voice. I'm right here!" Jonathan exclaimed.

He whipped head to the right and saw the little opening where the two girls had slipped through. Jonathan scrunched up his face at the goop that dripped from the sides of the hole, now almost covered with a netting; which looked to be a spider web of some sorts.

Hazel pressed against the back of a tree with Nancy standing beside her, still holding her hand. Nancy gulped and squeeze her eyes shut.

Hazel tilted her head to the side and noticed the Demogorgon was just a step away from grabbing both of them. Hazel jerked her head back to where she was, closing her eyes as if she could push the creature away from the back of her mind.