come on, come on, turn a little faster, the world will follow after //

Through my closed eyes I could feel a burning sensation, and slowly they parted open, and I awoke to the blaze of the morning sun shining down upon me. I glanced around, for a moment confused as to where I was. Then I saw Jc, still wrapped up in my arms, and I sighed, gently placing my head back down against the rock beneath me. That whole night was real. It wasn’t some very vivid dream that’d haunt me in the day time, but rather a memory I’d wish I could relive over and over again. I tried to sit up without waking Jc, but he groaned and sat up, his curly hair matted where he had been laying against me.

“Oh shit we fell asleep?” I laughed, his voice groggy. I felt my chest flutter. I had never heard his morning voice. At least not from when he first got up in the morning, it was always when he came down for breakfast or when he’d come in to wake me up. This moment felt special. It felt real.

I chuckled, “Yeah.” I cracked my back, the sudden realization that I’d slept the whole night against a gagged rock suddenly apparent as a pain shot through my body. Jc groaned as well and I figured he was experiencing the same misfortune.

“Remind me to not sleep on rocks again,” He stretched.

“I wouldn’t mind doing it again,” I said softly. As long as I’m with you, I decided to keep the last part in my head. He glanced over at me and smiled, standing up.

“Let’s get home. I’m sure JJ is confused as to where we are. Also, he wants to have a party tonight so let’s go buy some booze,” He offered me a hand and I stood. As we began to walk off I glanced back at the spot where we laid. I tried to memorize it, etch it in my mind so I’d never forget it. It was special to me now. I stopped, and whipped out my phone, taking a quick picture of it. “You coming?” Jc called. I turned and found him waiting, his eyes sleepy and his hair messy. I bit back a smile, feeling myself falling for him even more.

“Yeah I’m coming,” I called back, slipping my phone in my pocket and shuffling back over to him.

Later in the day JJ, Dom and I helped put out the food and decorations for the party and it felt really nice to be somewhat myself again. I felt like this party would be different than the last.

I was in my room when Jc entered, waltzing up to me with a slight swagger. He looked good, really good, and I had to avert my eyes from the glow he was giving off. “Well aren’t you something,” I chuckled and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

“You know it duuuuude,” He laughed, shaking me along with his shoulders.

I looked him up and down and felt my cheeks getting warm. I almost kissed him. I almost kissed Jc. We laid under the stars together. Just the thought gave me butterflies. “Who are you dressing up for?” I asked.

Jc just raised his eyebrows in amusement, ignoring my question. “Ohhh okay, I see how it is,” I laughed, though part of me wondered if he was actually dressing up for someone. “You know, you could just come out and say me, I won’t find it weird.”

“Ha ha,” He laughed sarcastically, punching my arm as he walked away. I watched him walk away, a small smile growing on my face.

By 10 pm, the house was packed and I found myself dancing with Dom and JJ, with a few girls around them. Some girls tried to come and dance with me, but it didn’t feel right. I didn’t want Jc to see us and get the wrong idea, though I wasn’t even sure if both of us were on the same page. Instead, I just stuck to dancing with my best friends, though Jc was nowhere in sight.

“Have you seen Jc?” I yelled over the ground shaking music. Both Dom and JJ shook their heads and I frowned slightly, scanning the crowd in hopes to catch a glimpse of his curly brown hair. I didn’t seem him at all. Shrugging, I gave up, though every few minutes I’d do another scan, thinking maybe he’d finally entered the room. Once midnight rolled around, I decided to go look for him.