Gail Ford

Rev. Gail Ford has finished writing tomorrow's sermon.

She has written about how God wishes the world to be empathetic.

Quickly, she gathers her things and stuffs them into her purse, which cost $300. Strolling into the light hallways, she smiles at the patterns the lovely stained glass makes on the floor.

A glance into the sanctuary calms Gail's nerves in an instant. The cross is lit by lights from the floor and casts a feeling of calm throughout the whole room.

Out the door, and into her Maserati.

A single woman, Gail has always done very well on her own. Along with being the local pastor of the church, she is a doctor four days a week and substitutes for the school in her free time, when necessary. Gail considers herself a capable, responsible woman, and she has proven it.

While Gail does not live in the nicest house in Blue Ridge Park, her "humble abode" has two bedrooms, one and a half baths, a garage, and a pool. She is very blessed, in her opinion.

Especially because of the modern view of Blue Ridge Park residents. In other parts of the country, women pastors could be looked down upon. That's why her husband left her. Gail thought that was not logical. When she felt called to do God's will, shouldn't she do it? Who dared obey the laws of society when God asked for disobedience?

Here she was, the Farmer household. Just in time for a dinner party.