Chapter 8

Lucy woke up to the feeling of being in a strange bed. Her mind immediately traced back to the steamy events of last night.

She went from quitting her job to having mind blowing sex with her boss.

Mid thought, Lucy realized that she was all alone in the huge darked themed bedroom.

Her eyes scanned the room one last time to confirm she was alone then she noticed a note sitting on the dresser next to the bed.

She opened the note and read it out loud,

Good morning, carina, unfortunately you didnt fulfill your end of the deal so you only get half the money for your fathers surgery, in addition essentials will be provided for you to work today erm given the circumstances, that is all.

I forgot to mention, incredible body :)

Dion

Lucy was fuming, what did he mean she didnt fulfill her end of the deal. She showed up like they had agreed, he said nothing about her staying all night.

And after he basically chased her down to get her in bed, his only remark was incredible body.

Ahh Lucy shouted as she threw the pillow in frustration.

She knew she had to back out of her previous plan to quit, that ignorant son of the devil probably knew that she would have no choice.

Two could play that game, Lucy thought as she proceeded to get ready.

***

As she entered the familiar office of Mr Huxley, she noticed an older man in a grey suit engaged in a conversation with Dion.

She could see that both men were tense, and that the conversation was slowly becoming heated.

Lucy stood still as she continued her observation.

What do you mean you wont sell your shares anymore? Dion questioned

Its like I said, it just doesnt seem like the right financial move, plus Ive been advised otherwise, the man spoke calmly.

Dion was visibly irritated, he was doubling his initial investment, why would he back out now?

Dions gaze found those of Ms Flores, a mental picture of her under him screaming in pleasure crossed his mind.

A smirk formed on his face, but as quick as it came it was gone, when a familiar face walked through the doors.

He was surprised he hadnt connected the dots sooner, of course she would be the reason he wanted to back out.

The whole reason he slept with Amy Farron in the first place was for her to convince her husband to sign the deal to sell his shares.

To outsiders, Dion would be a bit of a cocotte, but at the time he saw it as a necessary business move.

Amy strolled towards them, in a green skirt suit, way too small for her body, briefly eyeing Lucy.

Ready to go babe? she asked seductively, as she wrapped her arms around Mr Silvestor.

Yes, just about ready, he replied slowly getting up, using his cane for balance.

Both Dion and Lucy watched as they left the office. Dion had lost his one chance to take his companies public.

Lucy was still astounded at the scene that had just unfolded in front of her, it wouldnt take an idiot to put two and two together.

The anger on Dions face was almost scary, but Lucy saw it as an opportunity.

Her father still needed half a million dollars to go through with the surgery.

Maybe it was possible to play him like he tried to play her, she thought, then she had an idea.

Eh...erm Mr Huxley, Id like to propose a deal, would you care to entertain my thought, she inquired.

Go ahead, he answered, raising his head to meet her gaze.

Lucy proposed that if she was able to get Mr Silvestor to take the deal, Dion would owe her 250,000 dollars.

She explained to him exactly how she would get him to sell the shares, although it took little convincing to get Dion to agree.

***

Lucy rushed to the restroom; she was confident a beauty mogul like Amy would not leave the building without a makeup touch-up.

She went over her big idea one last time before she quietly entered the washroom.

And just as she thought, there was Amy staring at her reflection in the mirror as she reapplied her bright red lipstick.

The squeak of the door alerted Amy that someone had just entered the room, but she didnt bother to check.

Lucy casually walked closer towards the sink next to the one that Amy occupied.

I know that youre the reason Mr Silvestor wants to back out of the deal, though I can't say Im surprised, us women do have our ways. Lucy spoke blandly.

Great, you figured it out, whoopee. Amy replied sarcastically looking at Lucy through the mirror.

Why so touchy love, hear me out, Lucy continued

I also know that you're just waiting for him to kick the bucket to get a pay out. You've probably already figured out that his shares are worth five hundred million dollars.

A huge smile graced Amys face at the thought of the money she would be getting.

A reaction Lucy had been counting on, there was a slight problem with Amys ideology.

However, you, she paused turning to look Amy in the eye

Would not get a single penny, simply due to the fact that you are not blood, see when Mr Silvestor first acquired the shares, he signed a contract that states that in the event of a tragedy all business investments be shared with his blood relatives. she continued

Amys eyes widened with shock and anger; her persuasion would be worthless because of a silly contract.

Come now, to every problem there is a solution no need to be upset, if he sold his shares now the contract would be invalid, and the billion-dollar payout would be yours for the taking.

Do what you wish with this information. Lucy said as she left the room.

She was certain that the shares would be sold by the end of the day.