Chapter 5

Tuesday

Dion sat at a two-seater table in his cousins coffee shop. Everything was quiet, the only noise was the passing of vehicles every now and then.

It was his favourite place to be, a chance to get away from all the troubles of the world. He was thankful to his cousin Alejandro for accommodating him there every morning before the shop opened.

There you go, one caffè mocha as usual. Alejandro presented

Muchas gracias primo, Dion replied proudly, he loved any opportunity he got to show his Dominican heritage.

(Thanks very much cousin)

Ay dios mio, how many times must I tell you, we moved to America a long time ago, you can speak English. his cousin stressed.

(Oh my god)

I know, I know. Dion chuckled, not wanting to bother his cousin any longer. Ill be out of your hair in a few. Dion continued. Alejandro rolled his eye and walked away.

Dion took a sip of his favourite coffee and savoured the sweet taste. His phone vibrated in his pocket, taking his attention away from the beverage in his hand.

He reached into his pocket and got his phone. The notification was from Instagram, Amy Farron uploaded a new photo.

Dion tapped on the notification and there was a series of thirst trap photos of her on the beach. Hed be lying if he said that he wasnt aroused.

Damn you still hitting that. the familiar voice of his friend Nick filled the room. Man, you got a problem, you should follow my motto New day a new girl it's better that way.

Dion turned his head and was greeted with a smiling Nicolaus. nodded his head, he wondered why he was still friends with this idiot.

Nick was a complete playboy, he loved to play on his Italian heritage. He had jet black hair and a very muscular physique. He was every girl's dream guy, not to mention he was born rich.

What are you doing here this early in the morning, werent you supposed to be in Barbados with Stacy, you know your girlfriend? Dion inquired, in an attempt to sway the conversation.

Oh, that whole girlfriend thing was a phase, I cant do commitment, you know that. Now back to Ms Amy Farron or is it Silvestor now? Why are you so stuck on her? Nick replied while sitting down.

Dude, have you seen her, and the things she can do with her mouth ahh, you wouldnt understand. Dion answered seeing that his friend wouldn't let up.

Look all Im saying is, its dangerous and you know that you might wake up one morning and find your bank accounts empty. I dont know why you just dont hit that girl that you're always on about Lara? ...nah Lucy anyone is better than Amy. Nick suggested to his friend.

What are you insane, shes not even my type, have you seen her, shes...well...not appealing, anyways man I got to get to work, youve ruined my quiet time. Dion responded, getting up, but he couldnt help to think about what his friend said. Maybe not in his sense but it could work.

Yes, it was true that he was intrigued with Lucy, perhaps she could be a distraction. His escapades with Amy could continue no longer, his friend was right she is dangerous.

***

Lucy sat at her desk tapping her foot uncontrollably, this was the first time in six years that she wasnt wearing a wig.

Her ginger hair was in a low bun, she was thankful that she could still wear her same clothes, and her fake glasses but she somehow felt like she was missing a part of her personality.

In spite of that she was still nervous, she wondered what Dion would think, his lateness didnt make her feel any better.

Just at that thought, the elevator opened, and Dion stepped out, instead of heading to his office he walked in the direction of Lucy instead.

Her heart was beating faster now, the anticipation was overwhelming. She calmed herself as he opened the door to her office.

Dion was completely taken aback by the colour of Lucys real hair; it was totally unexpected. Dion wondered how many more surprises he would uncover.

Nevertheless, he had another thing in mind that he needed to discuss.

Ms Flores, I have a business proposition for you, Dion started.

Lucianna raised her eyebrow in interest, what could he possibly want?

Yes? she inquired.

Firstly, I must admit to you that I have a problem...and Amy Farron is a part of that problem. Which leads me to my next point, Id like to offer you a double increase in pay if you would accompany me to a formal function on Saturday. Dion asked, hopefully.

Absolutely not, I will not be a distraction for your problem and the fact that you thought a little money would sway me shows how little respect you show towards your employees. Lucianna blurted out feeling offended, no money was worth her self-respect.

A devilish smirk formed on Dions lips, although he admired Lucys' confidence in this moment, he found it funny that she thought there was a choice in the matter.

Miss Flores maybe I wasnt clear, he said as he rested his hands on the desk towering over her.

If you come to this event with me, all the medical bills for your fathers surgery could be gone before the clock strikes midnight, kind of like Cinderella. he offered, knowing she could not refuse.

Lucy was raging how dare he use her fathers crisis to force his will. She was even more upset that he pried into her personal life, but nevertheless shed do anything to ease her fathers pain.

Very well Mr Huxley, I will entertain your proposal. She responded blandly. Lucy did not know the reason he chose her, but she knew for certain he wouldn't expect her next move.

Excellent, your arrangements have been made already, see you Sunday, Carina.

A/N so carina means ginger for those wondering, also sorry if I messed up any of the Spanish.

If you like this story please share,vote and comment.

Not proof - read