♔ 𝚁𝚎: ♔

Recap:

"To finals." (F/n) said and placed her hand in the middle of the volleyball.

Day two, round three and quarter finals, of Interhigh ended with another victory for both Aoba Johsai's teams.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

Oikawa's eyes when he looked at (F/n) gave it completely away. He was just holding Watanabe and talking to Watanabe exactly the he was now to (F/n), but it was so obviously and completely and utterly different. Everything was different, his smile, his eyes, even the way he titled his head when he listened and spoke.

It was so obvious to everyone. Both team's gazes, collectively, fell onto Watanabe. Even (F/n)'s gaze parted from Oikawa to nonverbal apologize to Watanabe.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) and Watanabe be finally reached the road where their paths split. They stood diametrically opposing sides facing one another. The air was eerily quiet. With a small exhaled, that's when Watanabe decided to speak. "Without sparing anyone's feelings, even your own, I just want you to think about something." The question that (F/n) was spend all night thinking about came out:

"When you look at Oikawa, do you see somebody looking back at you? Or do you see somebody that's in love with you?"

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

"Yeah. You're going to be there, right? You promised." (F/n) said to her mother while walking over to the kid's bags.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Her mom declared. "Your father is coming?"

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) leaned her head against Oikawa's arm. He looked down at her, "Let's just try our best today for whatever reason we do or do not know. Kay?" (F/n) said.

"Okay."

"Promise me you'll do your best."

"I promise."

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) got up and left the group to call her mom once again. And once again it went to straight voicemail. Once the beep went off, she spoke.

"Hi, it's me again... calling. I'm still just wondering where you are. You missed semi-finals. But you can still make it to finals, even if you're not on time, you know I just want you to show up. Uh- Uncle and Dad are here. And I'm playing against Midori. It's been a long time since you've seen them... Um, yeah, I just... just call me back when you get this. Bye. See you soon?" (F/n) hung up.

♔◦☓◦☙◦♔◦☙◦☓◦♔

(F/n) was benched with her head on her knees, her arms were crossed in her front to block her face. It was so obvious that she was crying. She just didn't want anyone to see. Coach Glenn didn't do well with tears and Daisuke didn't want to overstep so they just let her sit in between them and cry.

Besides (F/n), everyone's frustration was so evident on court. With the current score board, it was understandable. They needed to win. They needed this game... but that didn't mean they get to just because they needed to win this game.